Washing machine repair - ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing machine repair - ASAP

I went to change over some laundry from the washer to the dryer before leaving for work, and the tub was full of water even though the knob showed the cycle was done.

Any recommendations for the S. Arlingoton/Mansfield/Kennedale area for a repair guy that is reputable?

I don't mind bringing the washer to them. I hate paying service calls (read - cheap a$$).

I would have put this in the home improvement forum, but I need this done ASAP.

TIA.

Just take the clothes out, throw them in the dryer (will probably have to run them for 2, perhaps 3, cycles) and wet vac the water out. Then throw the next load in and repeat process.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
      Just take the clothes out, throw them in the dryer (will probably have to run them for 2, perhaps 3, cycles) and wet vac the water out. Then throw the next load in and repeat process.
      The agitator is locked up. You can hear it try to turn, but it won't.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        The agitator is locked up. You can hear it try to turn, but it won't.
        Depending on the cost of repairs, consider a new one from me. 280 plus tax for a ge top loading unit. That's our cost anyway. Pm me if you end up going that route

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
          Depending on the cost of repairs, consider a new one from me. 280 plus tax for a ge top loading unit. That's our cost anyway. Pm me if you end up going that route
          I will keep that in mind, but this is a 3 year old Maytag Atlantis. Hopefully it is something simple.

Comment

Bust out the tools and fix it! Bet you can find the parts locally and fix it for way less than you think.

Plus you get extra punches on your man card

Comment

If its a top loader, check the little switch that engages when you close the lid. Those things break all the time. You should be able to reach in and depress it.
              Slow moving projects
              1964 C10 350/700r4
              1992 LX 5.0

Comment

AT&T said try a hard boot.

Comment

Make sure that bish isnt clogged. Could be a clogged water pump.

Comment

Problem. You are a man and shouldn't do laundry.
                    2012 GT500

Comment

I went to change over some laundry from the washer to the dryer before leaving for work, and the tub was full of water even though the knob showed the cycle was done.

Any recommendations for the S. Arlingoton/Mansfield/Kennedale area for a repair guy that is reputable?

I don't mind bringing the washer to them. I hate paying service calls (read - cheap a$$).

I would have put this in the home improvement forum, but I need this done ASAP.

TIA.
                      I thought you were married?

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                          Originally posted by 78X View Post
                          I thought you were married?
                          Originally posted by sig239 View Post
                          The wife works too. Marriage and raising 2 kids is a joint effort.

My man card is in my back right pocket in my wallet. Come and take it.

Comment

The wife works too. Marriage and raising 2 kids is a joint effort.

My man card is in my back right pocket in my wallet. Come and take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                              Hahahha!

Besides, the wife was in the kitchen making me a sammich.

Comment

Working...
                              X