For the Catholics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Catholics

i know there is a theology forum but thought i would get more responses here, WFT is going on with all the fucking changes to mass, i went this morning and they are changing all the fucking words WFT!!!! i think this is the stupidest thing ever, why change something that has been in place for over 2000 years

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

i have to agree, supposed to help you with the true meaning or something along those lines......but honestly i have been to church for a few years, our town is so small they do half the mass in english, half in spanish, i served for many, many years until this crap.....i read and study on my own now

Comment

If the Catholic's still did things the way they used to do them, all services would be entirely in Latin with the priest facing away from the parishioners. It was done this way until Vatican II in the 60s. Religion changes as a result of numerous factors.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        If the Catholic's still did things the way they used to do them, all services would be entirely in Latin with the priest facing away from the parishioners. It was done this way until Vatican II in the 60s. Religion changes as a result of numerous factors.
        There'd also be a lot less mohammeds in the world.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Comment

There is an article on nbcdfw.com regarding the changing of the prayers. They say that it makes the prayer more personal and prevents people who have the current prayers memorized from just going without thinking.

Requiring people to work to pray and more personal is their way of rejuvinating one's faith...

I dont go to church though so what would I know..
            Originally posted by Sean88gt
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Working...
            X