so i show up to the office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i show up to the office

This morning at 8am. At 815 I'm having a meeting with the owner and a couple other guys."surprise! I sold the company" wtf

Is there a problem?

Comment

New guys don't employ special needs?

Comment

Grandfathered FTQ

Comment

I feel your pain... we were bought a year ago and I was safe because the new company did not do Home Care so they bought us to broaden their scope of services...well they soon figured out that home care is not your normal medical staffing so they just sold us again.

unfortunately for me the new company is a home care company based out of NJ so they are converting all of our office to their software and moving corporate to NJ which means I'm F'd... they signed the paperwork last Wednesday so we should be getting our severance information this week or next. I've been told I have 1-5 months (more then likely 1-2) then I'll be officially unemployeed from the company I have been with for 11 years (since I was 21)
          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Is there a problem?
            just caught off guard. i've been here five years and there was no warning signs. uncertainty is always a little scary

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            New guys don't employ special needs?
            i sure hope so

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            Grandfathered FTQ
            this term was dropped a lot today

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
            I feel your pain... we were bought a year ago and I was safe because the new company did not do Home Care so they bought us to broaden their scope of services...well they soon figured out that home care is not your normal medical staffing so they just sold us again.

unfortunately for me the new company is a home care company based out of NJ so they are converting all of our office to their software and moving corporate to NJ which means I'm F'd... they signed the paperwork last Wednesday so we should be getting our severance information this week or next. I've been told I have 1-5 months (more then likely 1-2) then I'll be officially unemployeed from the company I have been with for 11 years (since I was 21)
            i'm keeping a positve attitude about it. negativity never serves anyone

Comment

What kind of work do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                What kind of work do you do?

company fluffer

Comment

Although I am a relatively high paid person in this industry I and pretty specialized in what I do. This is good and bad for me because I'm specialized in a certain software which is only used by 4 companies in the Dallas area

I have already been contacted by one of these companies that knows that we were bought again and wants me to come work for them ASAP

I stressed like hell when I first found out about this a couple weeks ago before it was final just because I have never in my adult life had to change jobs ( positions within the company yea but not companies)

Hopefully everything pans out and I'll just transition to the other company and life will go on

I with you the best of luck with your situation

Comment

^^^
                    Dude, you so need to take the other offer now. The company you're with will just milk you and make you more bitter toward the end.

Edit: Unless the severance package is like 1/2 year or more of your current salary.

Comment

The other company is hashing out details and pay offers right now

My severance wont be half but it will be around 20k

Comment

Working...
                      X