How much for this truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for this truck?

My father in-law is wanting to sell his truck. He asked me to sell it for him. I know what i would give and i know what he wants. Your thoughts?

72 Chevy Super Cheyenne (long bed)
    350 4 bolt, Turbo 350, Holly 780, mild cam, power steering, front disk.

Rocker panels are rusted out, i believe he has news ones. And as you can see one trim piece missing. Over all a decent C-10. It runs and drives and its pretty tight, doesn't rattle.

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Long bed will hurt the value. Been a while since I've priced one of these, though.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Can you get more pics? I have had a bunch of these trucks and need more than that pic to give a realistic value.(PM me asking price!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
        Can you get more pics? I have had a bunch of these trucks and need more than that pic to give a realistic value.(PM me asking price!!!!)
        I don't have anymore pics right now. I took that pic on my phone awhile ago. I'll have more this weekend when i make a trip over there. And pm sent.
        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

If you ever saw the yellow/white one I had, it was about the same truck (Cheyenne Super) sold it for $1500 on a buddy deal....350/Th350, factory AC (ended up needing ~$200 to get it working), good cab corners, one bad outter rocker, and a little rust in the front bed panel and floor. Same wheels with good 275/60 BFG rubber all around...it had a cut dash and also doors cut for 6x9's....it was running and driving, tagged and inspected with real decent interior and few extra parts. If I had advertised it off the buddy deal I'm pretty certain it would have brought somewhere $2000-$2500.

The one in my sig is a standard C10 (not a Cheyenne)...307/Manual 3-spd on the column...PS, PB, Non-AC, just under 98K original miles (documented with only 2-owners....with original owner until 2009)....has absolutley ZERO rust anywhere (probably the most solid one I've come across in the last decade)...dash is uncut, doors are uncut, runs and drives great (good enough to be someone's daily), interior is nice but needs new carpet and could stand a little rehab on the door panels. It also has a little body damage to the drivers fender and bed side, but it came with replacements for both when I bought it from the previous owners widow.....she was asking $3750 and I ended up taking it home for $2750. I think she could have pulled a little more had she held out for another buyer.

Now, with that said it appears this truck has a very nice grill and frontend bright work, which is a very good thing on 71-72's, but it also looks to have a pretty rotted outter rocker on the drivers side, which tells me the inner is likely rotted as well, and there may also be some issues in the corners and outter floor. Hard to say without seeing more pics...it would help a lot if it has any rare options like buddy buckets, factory, tach, etc.

FYI - these year model trucks part out really well....if you have the place to do it that may also be an option for you. If it is as nice as it appears in the pic...that front inner/outter grill and bumper would bring around $500 on it's own.

I'd be interested in the pushbars too.

If you have a price in mind for them or the whole truck shoot me a PM, I have a trailer and cash ready to go (looks like Kobuzz is first in line, though).
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
            If you ever saw the yellow/white one I had, it was about the same truck (Cheyenne Super) sold it for $1500 on a buddy deal....350/Th350, factory AC (ended up needing ~$200 to get it working), good cab corners, one bad outter rocker, and a little rust in the front bed panel and floor. Same wheels with good 275/60 BFG rubber all around...it had a cut dash and also doors cut for 6x9's....it was running and driving, tagged and inspected with real decent interior and few extra parts. If I had advertised it off the buddy deal I'm pretty certain it would have brought somewhere $2000-$2500.

The one in my sig is a standard C10 (not a Cheyenne)...307/Manual 3-spd on the column...PS, PB, Non-AC, just under 98K original miles (documented with only 2-owners....with original owner until 2009)....has absolutley ZERO rust anywhere (probably the most solid one I've come across in the last decade)...dash is uncut, doors are uncut, runs and drives great (good enough to be someone's daily), interior is nice but needs new carpet and could stand a little rehab on the door panels. It also has a little body damage to the drivers fender and bed side, but it came with replacements for both when I bought it from the previous owners widow.....she was asking $3750 and I ended up taking it home for $2750. I think she could have pulled a little more had she held out for another buyer.

Now, with that said it appears this truck has a very nice grill and frontend bright work, which is a very good thing on 71-72's, but it also looks to have a pretty rotted outter rocker on the drivers side, which tells me the inner is likely rotted as well, and there may also be some issues in the corners and outter floor. Hard to say without seeing more pics...it would help a lot if it has any rare options like buddy buckets, factory, tach, etc.

FYI - these year model trucks part out really well....if you have the place to do it that may also be an option for you. If it is as nice as it appears in the pic...that front inner/outter grill and bumper would bring around $500 on it's own.

I'd be interested in the pushbars too.

If you have a price in mind for them or the whole truck shoot me a PM, I have a trailer and cash ready to go (looks like Kobuzz is first in line, though).
            Yeap, you just confirmed to me that his asking price is way to high.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Long bed will hurt the value. Been a while since I've priced one of these, though.
              me personally, i prefer those trucks in a LWB
              http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                Yeap, you just confirmed to me that his asking price is way to high.
                Yea, honestly it's WAY to high. I would be a player but the price would have to drop by at least 1/2 on a good day unless I am looking a a tach/tilt/buddy bucket truck.

Comment

pic of one I had similar to that one.

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
                    Yea, honestly it's WAY to high. I would be a player but the price would have to drop by at least 1/2 on a good day unless I am looking a a tach/tilt/buddy bucket truck.
                    Yeah I know, but times are hard for him right now. He's behind on his mortgage My wife bought him that truck 9 years ago and she the one pressuring him to sell it. Pm me your beat price and I'll see what I can do.

Comment

I know its low ball but I'd give him $500 right now lol. It would sit for a while until I could afford an LS1 swap and then it would be a daily driver.
                      Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
                      http://www.titantowing.net
                      -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

think that thing could tow a trans am to california?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                          I know its low ball but I'd give him $500 right now lol. It would sit for a while until I could afford an LS1 swap and then it would be a daily driver.
                          Lol, for $500 I would buy it. Hell if all else fails, I'll make his two past due mortgage payments a keep the truck for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                            Lol, for $500 I would buy it. Hell if all else fails, I'll make his two past due mortgage payments a keep the truck for myself.
                            I had a super clean less than 100k mi. one owner, every option long bed and only got 3k for it. Had power steering, working a/c, power front disk brakes. Zero rust and prolly nice as you could find. Long beds dont bring shit in this model or really any for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by G.. View Post
                              I had a super clean less than 100k mi. one owner, every option long bed and only got 3k for it. Had power steering, working a/c, power front disk brakes. Zero rust and prolly nice as you could find. Long beds dont bring shit in this model or really any for that matter.
                              Yeah I put it on craigslist and didnt state it was a long bed. He's phone has been blowing up asking if its a short bed.

Comment

Working...
                              X