currently unemployed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• currently unemployed

today was my last day at my last job, begin my new one Monday and am scared shit that i wont cut it, anyone ever felt so uncertain about starting a new job?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

I used to, but at 40 I figure it either works out or it doesn't.

You do your best every day, don't brown nose, and let the chips fall where they may....

Comment

I should be getting my severance information next week. I will probably be her at least another couple months after that but then I'm not sure what i'm going to do. I've been here 11 years (since I was 21) I have a few opportunities but none of them are close to my current pay.
      so ya I'm nervous as hell right now
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
        I should be getting my severance information next week. I will probably be her at least another couple months after that but then I'm not sure what i'm going to do. I've been here 11 years (since I was 21) I have a few opportunities but none of them are close to my current pay.
        so ya I'm nervous as hell right now
        Something similar happened to me several years ago.

After a decade in the same company, I had to change industries and never did get back to the same pay scale.

It sucks, but sometimes you have to roll with the punches....

Comment

I cn understand being nervous, but take stock in that you have it good as it gets for someone being laid off. Severance, and only two days without a check is pretty good, especially in the current job market.

Just curious, did you have to take a big pay cut? If not, you're set.

Comment

yup you do... I'm not worried about a job really. Its more about getting back to the money I make now.

I am 99% sure I could go making 50k at 2 different companies in Dallas but I'm used to more so I have to decide which of those 2 would give me the opportunity to advance to get back to where I am not or better
            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
              yup you do... I'm not worried about a job really. Its more about getting back to the money I make now.

I am 99% sure I could go making 50k at 2 different companies in Dallas but I'm used to more so I have to decide which of those 2 would give me the opportunity to advance to get back to where I am not or better
              I know this is hard to believe, as income is important as hell, but I have come to believe that who you work with and the specifics of what you will be doing are just as important.

At the very least, you will be dealing with these people 8 hours a day (maybe much more) for quite a while. Coming from experience, I would rather make 10% less and work with people I like (or at least deal with) than make a bit more and have to deal with douchebaggery consistantly or do something I despise.

(actually have been in this situation, and it sucks ass)

Just remember that an interview is just as much for the interviewee as it is the interviewer....

Comment

What do you do?
                Originally posted by Da Prez
                Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                  I know this is hard to believe, as income is important as hell, but I have come to believe that who you work with and the specifics of what you will be doing are just as important.

At the very least, you will be dealing with these people 8 hours a day (maybe much more) for quite a while. Coming from experience, I would rather make 10% less and work with people I like (or at least deal with) than make a bit more and have to deal with douchebaggery consistantly or do something I despise.

(actually have been in this situation, and it sucks ass)

Just remember that an interview is just as much for the interviewee as it is the interviewer....
                  I couldn't agree more with this. I firmly believe that being happy at what you do and where you work is a HUGE factor that must be considered. I know happiness dosen't put food on the table, but it sure makes life a lot easier when you don't hate going to work every day.

Good luck to those that are job searching, or will be in the near future.

Comment

rule of thumb:

people who generally only spend a couple days between jobs are usually the ones that most employers want to keep around.

Everyone else is a lazy fuck and desrves to be replaced by indians.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post

Everyone else is a lazy fuck and desrves to be replaced by indians.
                      Push start or Pull Start?

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                        Push start or Pull Start?
                        LOL!

I thought they were finally dead and gone but I heard the new ones should be rolling out of spirit lake by now.

Comment

Working...
                        X