Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    he said creaps.

Creeks?
    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Crepes.

Comment

I had one of those "hawks" hit my mirror and land on my shoulder, pissed off. Mind you, I was driving on the winding roads in the Davis mountains in west Texas. My brother grabbed it and threw it back out, getting stung in the process. His hand swelled like crazy, and he remarked that he had never felt anything like that. I don't think that picture is the biggest one I've ever seen either. I have seen the flying with a tarantula curled up under it. They are huge! They call them tarantula wasps in west Texas.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I don't agree that the fire ant is less than a red harvester ant .I been stung by both many times and damn those fire ants suck ...car
          Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          Speaking of giant bullshit scary insects, has anyone ever seen a tarantula hawk?

Supposed to have the second most painful bite of any bug alive.

BTW, the best part about that is that insect bite pain levels are rated on the Schmidt Sting Pain Index. It was generated by a guy named Schmidt (go figure)... and he had to let every one of these bugs fuck him up so that he could accurately gauge their batshitcraziness.

The bullet ant is number one, and the tarantula hawk is number 2. It is rated as follows:
          "blinding, fierce [and] shockingly electric. A running hair drier has been dropped into your bubble bath."

Schmidt Sting Pain Index
          1.0 Sweat bee - Light, ephemeral, almost fruity. A tiny spark has singed a single hair on your arm.
          1.2 Fire ant - Sharp, sudden, mildly alarming. Like walking across a shag carpet and reaching for the light switch.
          1.8 Bullhorn acacia ant - A rare, piercing, elevated sort of pain. Someone has fired a staple into your cheek.
          2.0 Bald-faced hornet - Rich, hearty, slightly crunchy. Similar to getting your hand mashed in a revolving door.
          2.0 Yellowjacket - Hot and smoky, almost irreverent. Imagine W. C. Fields extinguishing a cigar on your tongue.
          2.x Honey bee and European hornet - Like a matchhead that flips off and burns on your skin.
          3.0 Red harvester ant - Bold and unrelenting. Somebody is using a drill to excavate your ingrown toenail.
          3.0 Paper wasp - Caustic and burning. Distinctly bitter aftertaste. Like spilling a beaker of hydrochloric acid on a paper cut.
          4.0 Tarantula hawk - Blinding, fierce, shockingly electric. A running hair drier has been dropped into your bubble bath.
          4.0+ Bullet ant - Pure, intense, brilliant pain. Like fire-walking over flaming charcoal with a 3-inch rusty nail in your heel.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Crepes.
            You know, it's like them little tiny pancakes
            Originally posted by Nash B.
            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Holy Shit! I'd scream like a little bitch if that tarantula hawk landed on me.

My wife damn near died when she almost put her hand on this beast

"A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
              East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
              https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Oh well. I fail at teh internetz today.

Comment

That's one big bitch!

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
                    Holy Shit! I'd scream like a little bitch if that tarantula hawk landed on me.

My wife damn near died when she almost put her hand on this beast

Are those venomous?
                    Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                    Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
                      Are those venomous?
                      It wouldnt kill you but it would hurt like hell.
                      "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                      East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                      https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Working...
                      X