Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to be a bat boy for the Texas Rangers next year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
    I missed that part, but 10 hrs sounds a bit exaggerated for something that last 3-4 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
      And if taxes were taken out that means he actually made $50,000 assuming a 25% tax rate.

$50,000 / 810 = $61.72/hour.
      Lolz @ dfwm math. $40k is $53.33k at 25% tax ... over $65 an hour.

Unless there is some kind of incentive for making the playoffs/WS that trickles down to the bat boys, there's no way in hell that's true.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Bat Boy The Book: My True-Life Adventures Coming of Age with the Texas Rangers

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
          They're still shitty...
          Nice "Major League" drop.

Comment

We don't know both sides of the story.

Comment

just found my new job. I look young anyways id fit in

Comment

I guess he got lucky Tom Hicks didn't get a hold of his money.
                Originally posted by talisman
                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                Originally posted by AdamLX
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Because fuck you, that's why
                Originally posted by 80coupe
                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                  I guess he got lucky Tom Hicks didn't get a hold of his money.
                  If hicks was there then they would not have money to take in the first place
                  Originally posted by Sean88gt
                  You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                  Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                  You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    I did the math at 20% and wrote 25%...d'oh!

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post

Unless there is some kind of incentive for making the playoffs/WS that trickles down to the bat boys, there's no way in hell that's true.
                      Lolz @ dfwm tax preperation

$40k at 25% plus standard deduction of 5,700 for single filer is 59.03K...over $72 an hour.

Now someone can add in social security and medicare deductions.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I don't know if I'm reading into it too far but the OP said "bonus check" which leads me to believe that he was getting compensation outside of that as well.

Comment

He works for the Ranger's organization, all of their employees get a bonus for the team winning their division and league. When you go into post season play everyone that doesn't work for a sub contractor gets a bonus.

Good luck getting that job, unless Nolan owes your dad a favor or someone in your family is an ex player you aren't getting it. They get paid about the same as your average high school kid most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                            He works for the Ranger's organization, all of their employees get a bonus for the team winning their division and league. When you go into post season play everyone that doesn't work for a sub contractor gets a bonus.

Good luck getting that job, unless Nolan owes your dad a favor or someone in your family is an ex player you aren't getting it. They get paid about the same as your average high school kid most of the time.
                            Bat boys and others also often get bonus cash or gifts from the players. Those kids can make cash if they hustle as the players often having them doing crazy stuff running everywhere to get food, equipment, etc. It's more than just shagging bats.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                              Bat boys and others also often get bonus cash or gifts from the players. Those kids can make cash if they hustle as the players often having them doing crazy stuff running everywhere to get food, equipment, etc. It's more than just shagging bats.
                              Yeah, a few bat boys got tied up in the BALCO scandal. When you have access to very wealthy people you can make a lot of cash doing things for them.

Comment

Originally posted by dustin View Post
                                I don't know if I'm reading into it too far but the OP said "bonus check" which leads me to believe that he was getting compensation outside of that as well.
                                I don't know what his regular wage was, but I'm sure he will have to pay taxes on that bonus. He won't net $40k.

Comment

Working...
                                X