No Front Plate Ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    Well, it's been 3 days and nothing but crickets....
    you gave a ride along to crickets?

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Stealing plates is a VERY small occurance. Totally removing them is even less common because you have to get to/from the crime without being noticed. Try taking the plates off your car and see how long it takes you to get stopped.
      I guess your head is going to explode on 1/1/12 when the new law goes in to effect, where plates are no longer required. BOOM BITCH!
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        I guess your head is going to explode on 1/1/12 when the new law goes in to effect, where plates are no longer required. BOOM BITCH!
        Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        How about follow the rules and put it on, and you won't have to worry about getting fined. It's that simple.

I won't like cars not being required to have both, but if that's what the lawmakers do, that's fine with me.

I don't make the laws, just enforce them... Bitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by tito View Post
          I'm welding some plates on my doors. Just incase I side-swipe a zebra, you'll know where to find me.
          And this folks, is why debating with morons is fruitless...

Comment

• Just ordered this....not gonna risk it anymore. I like the fact it mounts to the factory tow hook so I don't have to drill holes. It was cheaper than a ticket or DUI.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
              How does Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennesee, and West Virginia manage?

There's two proponents for the front license plate. LEOs and 3M.

3M provides the reflective coating on license plates.
              Just how much extra is a front plate? They don't charge you extra for 2.

How about follow the rules and put it on, and you won't have to worry about getting fined. It's that simple. All 3 of my vehicles have front plates attached.

One in a million? You are ignorant of how many times this happens. Do this:
              go south on MLK out of downtown FTW and then take N/B 820. Stop on the exit at the top of the bridge, get out and look around. Everytime someone hits that guardrail there is a very high probability of losing a plate. The last wreck I worked out there I collected 3 extra plates.
              You're dodging me, 03! :P

As far as costs are concerned, I've always been a proponent of doing away with the front plate but keeping the registration fees the same. Instant revenue bump for the state as they don't have to pay for the making and distribution of front plates.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• If you don't like the front plate law then get proactive about it instead of just complaining on a message board.

Comment

Just how much extra is a front plate? They don't charge you extra for 2.

How about follow the rules and put it on, and you won't have to worry about getting fined. It's that simple. All 3 of my vehicles have front plates attached.

One in a million? You are ignorant of how many times this happens. Do this:
                  go south on MLK out of downtown FTW and then take N/B 820. Stop on the exit at the top of the bridge, get out and look around. Everytime someone hits that guardrail there is a very high probability of losing a plate. The last wreck I worked out there I collected 3 extra plates.
                  Take the amount of cars on the road divide that by 3 extra plates(haha). I understand it's the law, and I do abide by it most of the time. I'm just telling you its not worth the burden on tax payers to have to foot the bill for an extra plate. The fines levied by the state are also not a justified punishment. Many states function fine without it.

I know you need your job for another 11 years. Not that you're counting or anything. We'll just agree to disagree.

Comment

And this folks, is why debating with morons is fruitless...
                    Wanna' buy some oranges? I've got a zebra with a bum hip I'll throw in to carry 'em.

Comment

• I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up by one of the no front plate proponents.

Texas legislature accidentally deletes penalty for failing to display a license plate.

CLiff notes:
                      As part of the update, the new law deleted the license plate statute, returning parts of it to Section 502.473 and 504.943. In moving around the legal language, the bill went through the entire legislative process without anybody noticing that a key line was deleted without providing a replacement: "An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200."

Lawmakers will not have a chance to remedy their mistake until January 8, 2013 when the legislature reconvenes, unless Governor Perry calls a special session specifically to address the license plate issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                        I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up by one of the no front plate proponents.

Texas legislature accidentally deletes penalty for failing to display a license plate.

CLiff notes:
                        As part of the update, the new law deleted the license plate statute, returning parts of it to Section 502.473 and 504.943. In moving around the legal language, the bill went through the entire legislative process without anybody noticing that a key line was deleted without providing a replacement: "An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200."

Lawmakers will not have a chance to remedy their mistake until January 8, 2013 when the legislature reconvenes, unless Governor Perry calls a special session specifically to address the license plate issue.
                        It was, here:
                        Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                        Thread going on here:
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                          You're dodging me, 03! :P

As far as costs are concerned, I've always been a proponent of doing away with the front plate but keeping the registration fees the same. Instant revenue bump for the state as they don't have to pay for the making and distribution of front plates.

Someone needs to find the cost burdon of the additional plate. Since they are making one, how much does it really cost to run another copy while you are there? How much extra postage can it be? Are we talking about a $10 cost here? Plates normally run for 8 years, so that's about $1.25 a year. I know most board members spend more that than in alcohol or cigarettets every week.

As far as the other states go, I guess they have a harder time identifying vehicles in offenses. Just like there are some states without a yearly inspection.

Not much I can do about it, so I don't worry about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tito View Post
                            Take the amount of cars on the road divide that by 3 extra plates(haha). I understand it's the law, and I do abide by it most of the time. I'm just telling you its not worth the burden on tax payers to have to foot the bill for an extra plate. The fines levied by the state are also not a justified punishment. Many states function fine without it.

I know you need your job for another 11 years. Not that you're counting or anything. We'll just agree to disagree.
                            You are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this "burdon" argument.

If there weren't consequences (fines), there would be no compliance, as evidenced by this board.

Comment

I don't make the laws, just enforce them... Bitch.
                              Awww, someone's ass hurt. Do you not get the boom bitch reference? No need to get all menstrual on me, Red.

Are we talking about a $10 cost here? Plates normally run for 8 years, so that's about $1.25 a year. I know most board members spend more that than in alcohol or cigarettets every week.

What the FUCK does that have to do with anything? It's another tax. Period. I don't know about you, but I pay plenty in taxes as it is. I'm sick and tired of, I'm going to venture a guess that 50+% of my income goes to taxes. Whether it's FICA, SS, property, sales tax. sin tax, registration, inspection, permits, etc. They're all fucking taxes. And I'm not too fucking fond of it. The Govt gets enough of my money as it is.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                                I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up by one of the no front plate proponents.

CLiff notes:

Before all these guys get drove up and think they don't have to run a front plate, the author of that article is reading the statute solely on it's own merit without regards to the rest of the traffic code.

There is a catch all statute in the Traffic Code that states penalties for those offenses not specifically listed in statute.

So, while the statute itself does not call for a penalty, it's covered elsewhere in the Code.

I don't have the gumption to look it up now, I'll have to get ahold of a book when I get to work Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X