No announcement yet.

Battery just blew up in my dads face!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It prevents any sparking at the battery terminals.

Comment

Scary stuff. I was about 100ft. away from an El Dorado bus when one of the two 8D's in the battery compartment blew and almost needed a change of pants. Not the kind of sound you want to be close to when you're on airport grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
        Glad to hear your dad is OK.

The last thing I do when charging a battery is plug the charger in, and the first thing I do is unplug it before touching the charging clips.
        Thats my procedure as well.

My dad told me a story of when he was charging the battery in his 73 Camaro and it blew the trunk lid up and spit acid all over the back of the car.
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I seen some douche hook two 12v in series to spin a diesel over faster. Blew both apart, cases and all into little pieces, loud as heck too.

Comment

Glad he's ok! They don't have eye replacements yet.

Originally posted by aCid View Post
            ...Yeah I had a firework accident a few years ago involving my eye. Took them 30 minutes to clean out my eye and shit.
            This is why I wear my shooting glasses and make my kids wear child's safety/shooting glasses when we do fireworks. We might look like dorks at a science fair, but I don't have to worry about the eyes.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
              Glad to hear your dad is OK.

The last thing I do when charging a battery is plug the charger in, and the first thing I do is unplug it before touching the charging clips.
              Yeah when I first called him in a panic he answered laughing and the first thing he said was "son, Im talking to the eye doctor right now but Im going to call you right back and give you some advice my daddy gave me that I obviously didnt listen to" lol.

He was talking about unplugging the charger before messing with the clips as well.

Comment

win
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Glad your Dad is alright Lason.

Comment

It happens...

Comment

lucky guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X