Best used car (sports luxury) in the 10-13k range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best used car (sports luxury) in the 10-13k range

Looking for a daily driver, 10-13k, needs to be very reliable, reasonable gas mileage, somewhat easy to work on would be a plus (and replacement parts that are not insanely priced), and look nice, rear drive is a plus as is some extra performance.

I found a 2004 CTS-V 6spd w/70k miles for 15k which is a little too high, but at least I am very familiar with the engine/transmission.

The 2006 BMW 3 series is getting down to this range as well.

The Lexus IS250's are still a little too high and I am not sure about them on the repair side.

Any other cars that I am not considering here. Doesn't "have" to be a 4 door, but needs to have 4 reasonable seats.

BMWs are VERY nice. My 740iL had nearly 100k on it and the only slightly major problem was the water pump went out. All things considered, it wasn't even expensive to fix; somewhere around $300 total. Nice cars.

Comment

Acura tsx or tl , I would say Lexus is300 but they eat expensive z rated tires every 15k . Stay away from BMW IMO .
      The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        BMWs are VERY nice. My 740iL had nearly 100k on it and the only slightly major problem was the water pump went out. All things considered, it wasn't even expensive to fix; somewhere around $300 total. Nice cars.
        Baller
        The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Reefer Rae View Post
          Baller

Nah, I was just a 30k a year millionaire.

Comment

Nah, I was just a 30k a year millionaire.
            Was?
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Ya, I am currently using my e36 as a daily and it has just over 200k. Granted it has had some hiccups along the way (cooling system needs attention every 50k or so, steering/suspension/braking components have to be replaced at reasonable intervals) but otherwise it is a great little car. On that note are you at work today? I need to get you to order some struts and brake pads for it.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                Ya, I am currently using my e36 as a daily and it has just over 200k. Granted it has had some hiccups along the way (cooling system needs attention every 50k or so, steering/suspension/braking components have to be replaced at reasonable intervals) but otherwise it is a great little car. On that note are you at work today? I need to get you to order some struts and brake pads for it.

Yeah, give me a call or shoot me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  Was?

I don't thinK driving a busted old 99 GT puts me in that category any more, even though I still only make 30k

Comment

Yeah, give me a call or shoot me a pm.
                    Just shot you a PM.

Thanks!

Comment

you can find a 06ish g35

Comment

IS250's are small inside and underpowered for their price. IS350s are pretty quick but out of that price range. I've never had a BMW but they don't seem to get very good gas mileage. I vote for the CTS-V.
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Step up to an E46 BMW. My E36 was a great car too....only major issue I had up to ~135K miles was the convertible top started showing wear and had to be repaired around the back window...next time I'll remedy that by going with a CI coupe instead.

Anyways...E46 are upgraded quite a bit from the E36, peppy, handle well, nice looks, and they'll pull mid to high 20's MPG.
                          70' Chevelle RagTop
                          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Lexus GS400/430

Comment

bimmer
                              Ded

Comment

Working...
                              X