Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man fakes mom's obit to get paid time off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man fakes mom's obit to get paid time off.

BROOKVILLE, Pa. (AP) - Authorities in northwestern Pennsylvania say a man published an obituary for his living mother in a ploy to get paid bereavement time off from work.

Relatives called The Jeffersonian Democrat newspaper in Brookville after the obit appeared to report the woman was actually alive and well. The woman herself then visited the paper.

Brookville police charged 45-year-old Scott Bennett on Tuesday with disorderly conduct.

Democrat editor Randy Bartley says he accepted the obituary in good faith after being unable to confirm the funeral arrangements at press time. He told The Derrick newspaper (http://bit.ly/vDDqLi) on Friday that the woman was very understanding.

Police Chief Ken Dworek says Bennett wrote up the memorial notice because he didn't want to get fired for taking time off.

The Associated Press couldn't reach Bennett.

Why the fuck would the police get involved?

Maybe I don't know the laws he broke.

Comment

a friend of mine did that very thing some years ago when he worked for UPS. was the only way he could get the time off he needed for vacation. thought his dad was dead for months until one day when i noticed the old man, alive and well, mowing his yard.

Comment

You know, I've used an excuse of a family member in the hospital to get a day or two off, but this is just taking shit to a whole other level. Keep in mind that I was in my late teens/early twenties, but a 45-year old man? Give me a break.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by JETFAST View Post
          a friend of mine did that very thing some years ago when he worked for UPS. was the only way he could get the time off he needed for vacation. thought his dad was dead for months until one day when i noticed the old man, alive and well, mowing his yard.
          ZOMBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Years ago a guy at Cheaper Than Dirt called in a bomb threat to 911 so he could go home.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
              ZOMBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!! Walking Dead
              I would go beat the fuck out of all of them within an inch of their life, then fuck their chihuahua while they watch as they get loaded into the ambulance

Comment

Originally posted by LS WHAT ?? View Post
                LMAO!!! Mowing Dead

Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                  Years ago a guy at Cheaper Than Dirt called in a bomb threat to 911 so he could go home.
                  LOL. Someone did this at my job about 7 years ago.
                  Slow moving projects
                  1964 C10 350/700r4
                  1992 LX 5.0

Comment

just call in and say that you have rusty colored piss and you took a bloody shit. no questions asked and it works.

Comment

that's 50 miles from where I was born

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                        that's 50 miles from where I was born
                        Really? Tell us more...

Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Working...
                        X