Front plate is not meant to be!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front plate is not meant to be!

Alright, I'm so frustrated right now. A couple months ago I installed one of those flip down license plate holders on my car. Then one morning drivin to work I hit a dip while going pretty fast and it ripped it right off and I lost my plate, etc.
    Got new plates and got another flip down holder, installed it 2 days ago. Then today went to discount tire to get a nail out of a tire, when they were done they tell me they accidently broke my flip down holder. You could see it was broke but was still attached with all 3 bolts and not touching the ground. So as I left I just figured get home and try to fix it...that didn't work out too well. Made it maybe 1 min down the road and then I hear scrapping and see plastics pieces flying behind me. I pull over and it broke into pieces and my plate is damaged on the top from rubbing the road.
    They told me to buy a new one and give them the receipt and they would pay me back...BUT I have court this Wednesday to try and get my no front plate dismissed. I don't think I can get another one of these and install it in time.

WTF do I do now? I've gotten these through American Muscle, anyone local carry these?

zip ties.
    Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
    Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
      zip ties.
      I've seriously been contemplating that

Comment

Its just temporary, just zip tie it on and snap a pic.

**EDIT** Oh and stop buying those crappy plate holders, obviously they arent working.

Comment

Originally posted by bjtheman1 View Post
          Alright, I'm so frustrated right now. A couple months ago I installed one of those flip down license plate holders on my car. Then one morning drivin to work I hit a dip while going pretty fast and it ripped it right off and I lost my plate, etc.
          Got new plates and got another flip down holder, installed it 2 days ago. Then today went to discount tire to get a nail out of a tire, when they were done they tell me they accidently broke my flip down holder. You could see it was broke but was still attached with all 3 bolts and not touching the ground. So as I left I just figured get home and try to fix it...that didn't work out too well. Made it maybe 1 min down the road and then I hear scrapping and see plastics pieces flying behind me. I pull over and it broke into pieces and my plate is damaged on the top from rubbing the road.
          They told me to buy a new one and give them the receipt and they would pay me back...BUT I have court this Wednesday to try and get my no front plate dismissed. I don't think I can get another one of these and install it in time.

WTF do I do now? I've gotten these through American Muscle, anyone local carry these?
          Dude just take an old plate or another plate off a friends vehichle snap some shots of it mounted to the front yours and your done.

Comment

Velcro strips
            2012 GT500

Comment

Mustang License Plate Brackets, Mach E License Plate Brackets, Universal License Plate Brackets, License Plate bracket accessories.

No drilling. Easy to remove for car shows, pictures, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Real Estate Nate View Post
                Dude just take an old plate or another plate off a friends vehichle snap some shots of it mounted to the front yours and your done.
                So when the registration comes back to his vehicle with license plate XXX, and he has pics of plate YYY, that's going to make him look a tad bit dumb, no?

Comment

double sided easy remove 3m tape. the kind you would use to mount pictures or hooks....

Comment

Take the plate off the back, mount it on the front, take a picture, put it back on the rear.
                    .223 > 911

Comment

Go to local sign shop - copy plate to vinyl and apply to front bumper

Comment

Can you make brackets to mount it back behind the bottom opening in your bumper cover? That's what I did with my 03 Cobra bumper after I kept getting pulled over. It doesn't look that bad, and from some angles you can't see it, but I haven't got pulled over with it yet. I also didn't want to drill holes in my new cover.

I'll post a pic of what I'm talking about in a minute.
                        Edit: Shit, I don't have one. I'll try to take one tomorrow.
                        68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                        63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                        i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

I got pulled over today, while out shopping, for no front plate. Only got a warning...
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

just put a god damn front plate on your car and stop bitching.
                            Originally posted by 56482
                            only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                              Go to local sign shop - copy plate to vinyl and apply to front bumper
                              I'm interested in the legalness of this idea. Seems viable, but is there some clause in the transportation code that states the "plate" must be manufactured by a state approved company?
                              كافر

Originally posted by sc281
                              Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
                              Originally posted by Trick Pony
                              ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X