new scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new scam?

Apparantly a guy is responding to my listing by "text from cpu" when he texs me, his email show up where his phone number would be. He has asked for pics, the bottom dollar, and my paypal info aka my email. He seems eager to send money right away and the car is "for his sister" I'm not asking so much as to if this is a scam or not but am asking what is the angle of the scam? Either way, he can paypal all he wants but I will only do a title tranfer in person and some cases at a bank/notary. Tia

Oh Jesus Edward
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
      Oh Jesus Edward
      You mudder fukr

Comment

/facepalm

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
          /facepalm

Stevo
          What's the angle of the scam though

Comment

Scam...

Comment

what kind of dumbass lists their number on craigslist?
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                what kind of dumbass lists their number on craigslist?
                No one on craigslist dares put their number in fear that they might actually sell something

Comment

So no one know the answer so only random nonsense is posted?

Comment

If money actually gets transferred through paypal.....then you are good.

He'll probably just send you a bogus check.
                    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

paypal only...
                      04 GT
                      91 LX

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                        If money actually gets transferred through paypal.....then you are good.

He'll probably just send you a bogus check.
                        That's why I was asking what his angle was. To me , its obvious its a scam with how eager he was to send money. The only thing I cn think of is he is going to come up with some bs as to why he can't paypal and then flip the script to try to send a bogus check

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                          No one on craigslist dares put their number in fear that they might actually sell something
                          I don't ever put my number to avoid calls from 10 millions idiots
                          Apparantly a guy is responding to my listing by "text from cpu" when he texs me, his email show up where his phone number would be. He has asked for pics, the bottom dollar, and my paypal info aka my email. He seems eager to send money right away and the car is "for his sister" I'm not asking so much as to if this is a scam or not but am asking what is the angle of the scam? Either way, he can paypal all he wants but I will only do a title tranfer in person and some cases at a bank/notary. Tia
                          Look at when you reply to the email, its not an att adres, All cell phones have emails attached to them its the number and like @atttext.net . Its probably a gmail adress he's sending from. I got a email on some wheels im selling recently with same thing. My response was" what part of nigeria do you hale from" and got no response.

Comment

What's the angle of the scam though

So no one know the answer so only random nonsense is posted?

Stevo
                            Originally posted by SSMAN
                            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

And there it is.........

You have received a PayPal Payment of US $5,750.00 from Edward Hudson(edwardhudsonn@yahoo.com http://service.mail.com/callgate-6.5...bodyType=html#).

A temporary hold has been placed on this transaction!
                              As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per New PayPal Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which includes the buyer's shipper's pick up fees.

In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account. We advice you go to nearest Western Union Office http://www.westernunion.com/info/age...global&lang=en, and send the US $850.00 to the Shipping Agent and send us a Scanned Copy/Photograph of your Western Union Transaction Receipt (in .JPG Format).

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction.

Please, find below the name and address of the Transport Agent where the Funds would be sent via Western Union Money Transfer http://www.westernunion.com/info/age...global&lang=en.

Click Here Locate Nearest Western Union http://www.westernunion.com/info/age...&lang=enOffice http://www.westernunion.com/info/age...global&lang=en

*Transport Company Auto Express

Agent"s Name & Address:Name: Mark Amos
                              Address: #112, Moarville Road , Speke,
                              Liverpool
                              Zip Code: L70 1AB
                              Phone n0: +447947978318

Address Status:Confirmed https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...ddress&lang=en

Comment

Working...
                              X