Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those with highly modded "street cars", how do you handle insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrett Jackson/Chartis for $250/yr. $25k stated value on my Mach and they only ask you do not drive it every day. I specifically asked if every now and then on sunny days were ok and they said no problem. They also had no issues with me taking it on road trips either. You must have proof of a second vehicle though for DD duties.

Comment

American Collector's Insurance

I have my '64 1/2 and my '92 Mustangs insured with them. The '64 1/2 is declared at $33,500 and the '92 at $9,800. The total yearly cost for both cars is $420.

Includes:
      bodily injury + property damage ($100k)
      personal injury protection ($2,500)
      Uninsured motorist ($100k)
      Comprehensive
      Collision
      Towing
      Spare Parts ($500) - not sure what that covers.

Since 1976, car collectors have trusted American Collectors Insurance for Agreed Value classic car insurance and #1 rated customer service.

Comment

good info in here that i didnt know about

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
          I have been just running around with Progressive Liability only @ $160/6mnth. Seems a little steep for a liability only pleasure vehicle that is worth next to nothing based on the model (1979 coupe) and since it's just liability they wouldn't pay anything anyway.
          For sure ditch progressive(or at least get a stated policy), they fight to pay as little as possible unless you have a good attorney involved. State Farm seems to be slightly better, and in some of the states seem to just hand people free money. Stay away from Fred Loya at all costs too, lol.

Comment

keep receipts and records.

My built notch was stolen years ago, after adding up all the receipts there was close to 24k in just parts on the car. I didn't get 24k but I was able to get "replacement" value of about 18k... which was fine since I bought the car for 9. win
            1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by JNH2010SS View Post
              Just because an insurance company says there is a certain mileage you can drive a year doesn't mean you have to stick with it and only drive it lets say 4k. I don't recall ever being asked the mileage on my cars other than the time I made the account.

I'm with hagerty
              That's surprising - my insurance company asks the mileage at each renewal. I gladly provide the info since I don't come anywhere near the mileage limits on both cars.

Comment

Working...
              X