Bonded title or sell without?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonded title or sell without?

Backstory: I bought a 2003 GT mustang from a family member that purchased the car from an individual seller in 2008. The car is in nice condition and runs and drives well. The title to the car was lost before it was registered, so the car has sat since then. The original was a salvage title due to a front end collision repair that was done in 2003 or 2004. I did some research and have the registered owners name and address in hopes of being able to get him to get a reprint. I have not been able to contact him.

So, my question is, if I am basically interested in selling the vehicle is it worth it to get a bonded title or would I be better off selling it without?

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
    Backstory: I bought a 2003 GT mustang from a family member that purchased the car from an individual seller in 2008. The car is in nice condition and runs and drives well. The title to the car was lost before it was registered, so the car has sat since then. The original was a salvage title due to a front end collision repair that was done in 2003 or 2004. I did some research and have the registered owners name and address in hopes of being able to get him to get a reprint. I have not been able to contact him.

So, my question is, if I am basically interested in selling the vehicle is it worth it to get a bonded title or would I be better off selling it without?
    I dont know who would buy a car without a title ? So that leaves one option, imho.
    Vortex rear stand $75
    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
    11 4 door
    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
      I dont know who would buy a car without a title ? So that leaves one option, imho.
      For parts is what comes to mind. I suppose I am curious as to the amount someone would pay for a vehicle that had a bonded title vs the amount if the the purchaser decided to get one themselves.

Comment

I'm in the same situation with an '88 coupe I bought almost two years ago in CA. I lost the title before registering it here in TX. I'll never get CA to get me a reprint, so I decided to call my ins. agent and get a bonded title. In three years that bonded title becomes a good Texas title.

IIRC, it is ILLEGAL to sell a car without a title. Just think of stolen car markets lol.

Comment

LOL @ it being against the law to sell a car without a title.

I've sold a couple of salvage cars that were driving with all kinds of fucked up title issues. You're going to have to take a chunk off the asking price to get people interested, obviously. It can be done, and is probably easier than the bonded title run around and cost.

Comment

I may be interested in it, shoot me a PM with price and details....

Comment

pm me the details also.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                I'm in the same situation with an '88 coupe I bought almost two years ago in CA. I lost the title before registering it here in TX. I'll never get CA to get me a reprint, so I decided to call my ins. agent and get a bonded title. In three years that bonded title becomes a good Texas title.

IIRC, it is ILLEGAL to sell a car without a title. Just think of stolen car markets lol.
                Its no illegal. There are other legal ways of getting titles also

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  LOL @ it being against the law to sell a car without a title.

I've sold a couple of salvage cars that were driving with all kinds of fucked up title issues. You're going to have to take a chunk off the asking price to get people interested, obviously. It can be done, and is probably easier than the bonded title run around and cost.
                  That is what I have been thinking. I've been sitting on the car hoping to contact the registered owner, now I think I am just ready to sell it.

Comment

PM's sent, guys.

Its a 4.6 2v gt, 5 spd, 90k miles, black on black leather, nice interior, heat/ac, everything works. Cold air intake, long tube headers, off road exhaust. The paint has some scratches, the oil dipstick is loose (someone didnt mount it to the headers), it has a check engine light, presumably because of no catalytic converters.

Comment

how much?

Comment

Get a bonded title, trust me
                        Originally posted by Buzzo
                        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                          Get a bonded title, trust me

You're 15 years old. Enough said.

Comment

I've done a ton of title transferring...so u can get that statement and stuff it up ur butt
                            Originally posted by Buzzo
                            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                              I've done a ton of title transferring...so u can get that statement and stuff it up ur butt

Congratulations on doing a ton of title transferring, which encompasses about 15% of everything that is involved in this discussion.

Comment

Working...
                              X