Aren't you like 12 years old?
    Close. I'm 24 and I enjoy whisky.
    1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

• This weekend:

Comment

• 101 Whiskies to Try Before You Die

Anyone can drink and enjoy booze, but if you really want to know about a certain type of liquor, you're gonna need to try more than what you'll find at the local state store. Consider 101 Whiskies to Try Before You Die ($14) your paperback teacher on the subject of whiskey, offering not a list of the "best" whiskies, but instead a list that will help you develop your palette and appreciate the subtle nuances of the drink, with tasting notes, process explanations, and histories to help you along. Just don't try them all at once, lest you die way earlier than planned.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0755360834/[/ame]

Avoiding the deliberately obscure, the ridiculously limited, and the absurdly expensive, whiskey expert Ian Buxton has scoured the shelves of the world's whiskey warehouses to recommend an eclectic selection of old favorites, stellar newcomers, and mystifyingly unknown drams that simply have to be drunk. This witty, focused, and practical guide is not an awards list or a list of the 101 "Best" whiskies in the world in the opinion of some self-appointed whiskey guru. It’s simply a guide to 101 whiskies that enthusiasts really must seek out and try—love them or hate them—to complete their whiskey education. What's more, it's both practical and realistic as it cuts through the clutter, decodes the marketing hype, and gets straight to the point; whether from India or America, Sweden or Ireland, Japan or the hills, glens, and islands of Scotland—here are the 101 whiskies that every whiskey enthusiast needs to try. Sláinte!

Comment

• Matt, Bottle Giant on Eastchase has Bookers for $43, fyi. Picked up a bottle yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
            Close. I'm 24 and I enjoy whisky.
            You're fucking with me. I swear I thought you were one of foxbodymike's teenage cronies.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Matt, Bottle Giant on Eastchase has Bookers for $43, fyi. Picked up a bottle yesterday.
              Dude, since you told me about that place I haven't gone anywhere else.

It's a perpetual sale. So great.

Also, I'm on a rye kick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                Dude, since you told me about that place I haven't gone anywhere else.

It's a perpetual sale. So great.

Haha, awesome! Same here. I have yet to find anywhere that even comes close. Picked up some Woodford Double Oak again while I was there, too. I love that place.

Comment

Haha, awesome! Same here. I have yet to find anywhere that even comes close. Picked up some Woodford Double Oak again while I was there, too. I love that place.
                  One day when I was in there BSing w/ the guys we switched from whiskey talk to beer talk. They asked if there was anything I wanted that they didn't have. I told them that I'd love to try some Dogfish Head 120min IPA, but I have never found it anywhere local. They took down my info and said they'd check on it for me.

I really didn't expect anything of it and I was half sure they wouldn't even check on it.

I actually got a call about a week later. They confirmed my suspicion that you can't order it in anything less than multiple cases. They offered to order the minimum quantity for me but for such a specialty I'd have to buy it all at once, which I wasn't ready to do... but damn, they followed through and actually called me back. I was pretty impressed.

Comment

• That kind of service is getting hard to find these days.

Comment

Matt, Bottle Giant on Eastchase has Bookers for $43, fyi. Picked up a bottle yesterday.
                      Hold the fuck up, where on eastchase?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                        Hold the fuck up, where on eastchase?

Bottle Giant. 20% off everything in the store for the entire year. Of course you're getting in on this a bit late.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                          One day when I was in there BSing w/ the guys we switched from whiskey talk to beer talk. They asked if there was anything I wanted that they didn't have. I told them that I'd love to try some Dogfish Head 120min IPA, but I have never found it anywhere local. They took down my info and said they'd check on it for me.

I really didn't expect anything of it and I was half sure they wouldn't even check on it.

I actually got a call about a week later. They confirmed my suspicion that you can't order it in anything less than multiple cases. They offered to order the minimum quantity for me but for such a specialty I'd have to buy it all at once, which I wasn't ready to do... but damn, they followed through and actually called me back. I was pretty impressed.

I'm not sure where you are, but the gas station on western center and bluemound carriers it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            I'm not sure where you are, but the gas station on western center and bluemound carriers it.
                            That haji place down the road from Harolds has beer other than miller and bud?

Comment

• I opened up my bottle of Crown XR on my wedding night last month. That stuff was gooooood! I don't (can't is a better word) just sip on straight whiskey, but I was able to with that easily.
                              2012 Competition Orange BOSS 302
                              www.militarystangs.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                                120?

I would bet $20 that you saw the 60 minute or the 90 minute.

Even Flying Saucer doesn't have 120 and when you can find it it's around $8 per bottle. It's 15-20% ABV and rare enough that T&P Tavern in Fort Worth had a whole "tapping party" earlier this year when they opened a keg of it.

It's hard to imagine a gas station stocking that.

Sorry for the derail; back to the whiskey!

Comment

Working...
                                X