Whiskey aficionados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
    What are the penalties for getting caught? What about getting it into a military base?

If it's just losing the hooch, then I'll see about getting some to him.
    I had some absinthe shipped over before it was readily available here. The company shipping it basically said, "If it gets seized going through customs... sorry about your bad luck, because we won't issue any refunds."

No bad luck though, and a couple bottles made it just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
      What are the penalties for getting caught? What about getting it into a military base?

If it's just losing the hooch, then I'll see about getting some to him.
      You'd be my hero!
      2012 Competition Orange BOSS 302
      www.militarystangs.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Mustangfreak View Post
        You'd be my hero!
        PM me an address. I'll give it a whirl after the 22nd.

Comment

• For anyone keeping score at home here's the color that 1835 picked up after just two days.

It is incredibly mellow. Maybe even too much so. I'm going to pull the apple and give it another 3-4 days w just the cinnamon and nutmeg. Not gonna lie, I could get wrecked on this without even trying. It goes down like juice.

Here's the "stock" color:

Comment

• looks like a blue moon beer.

Comment

• I'm finally getting to take the tour at Firestone and Robertson Distilling Co. in November. This will bust my distillery cherry, can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                I'm finally getting to take the tour at Firestone and Robertson Distilling Co. in November. This will bust my distillery cherry, can't wait.
                Hope you like it. I did the J/Daniels tour when in TN and frisking loved it. Was my only tour do far.

David

Comment

• Thinking of getting some of the whiskeys people have been talking boyt in here. Where to go around lewisville area with best selection and prices?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Someone Stole 65 Cases of Ultra-Rare Pappy Van Winkle Whiskey

Those who routinely freak out this time of year just as soon as they find out the local liquor stores have sold out of $220 bottles of Pappy Van Winkle twenty-year bourbon whiskey are likely to freak out even more because Bourbon Trace Distillery says someone's stolen $25,300 worth of the very-limited-edition booze over the last few months. (Around $675 worth of thirteen-year-old rye vanished from the Kentucky property as well.) Franklin County police say they have no suspects and believe it was a well-executed inside job, which means the case won't likely have a swift resolution. As ever, the cult distiller's inventory is already notoriously tight, but at least you can drink to the fact that, literally, there are plenty of great alternatives.

Comment

• It's that time of year...

Has anyone had any luck getting a piece of this year's Buffalo Trace Antique Collection or Pappy release?

Antique collection
                      George T. Stagg
                      Sazerac Rye 18 Year-Old
                      William Larue Weller
                      Thomas H. Handy Sazerac
                      Eagle Rare 17 Year-Old

I know that everything Spec's got (only a few bottles of each) are spoken for, but they might be getting some Pappy 10 in a few days. I was about 2 days late on all of this

Does anyone else even pay attention to these releases?

Comment

• The good news is Firestone & Robertson will have a bourbon out next year, or whenever it tastes ready. They want to let it sit through another summer before bottling. Also you can buy a bottle of TX whiskey at the distillery for $35.

Comment

• GQ's american whiskey family tree

Comment

• I found a bottle of Pappy 10 at a small liquor store in Corpus last year. Even the owner was surprised when I brought it up to the counter

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              It's that time of year...

Has anyone had any luck getting a piece of this year's Buffalo Trace Antique Collection or Pappy release?

Antique collection
                              George T. Stagg
                              Sazerac Rye 18 Year-Old
                              William Larue Weller
                              Thomas H. Handy Sazerac
                              Eagle Rare 17 Year-Old
                              I know total wine had Stagg about a week ago, and several stores have a few bottles of Stagg Jr.

I was looking for Pappy, but with the robbery this year, the odds of tracking some down are even lower than normal

Comment

• Recenty bought a Bottle of a japanese scotch called Yamakazi 12. O.m.f.g. This is so smooth its prepubescent. If you get a chance to grab a bottle, do so without delay. Mine was about $45-50 from Total Wine (which has way nice pricing)

Comment

Working...
                                X