Whiskey aficionados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    I dont have any (thanks for the reminder) but a friend of mine got a set of these from his dad and loooooves them: www.stonechilled.com

Damn, really? I've never been able to enjoy a mint julep. A Manhattan, maybe... but I would never do well at the Kentucky Derby lol
    I absolutely MUST have those. I've been wanting to get some, but I keep forgetting about them.

I also forgot how much I enjoy a Manhattan. You have to find a really good bartender that actually knows how to make a Mint Julep. Most of what you'll find these days is a Mojito with whisky. I will say that Maker's Mark has to be used for me to like a Mint Julep.

This next Summer I plan to perfect a Mint Julep for my tastes, as well as get the complete understanding on how to adjust it for any of my friends' palate.

On a completely unrelated note, did you ever send me that book on how to make a speedster on the cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
      I absolutely MUST have those. I've been wanting to get some, but I keep forgetting about them.

I also forgot how much I enjoy a Manhattan. You have to find a really good bartender that actually knows how to make a Mint Julep. Most of what you'll find these days is a Mojito with whisky. I will say that Maker's Mark has to be used for me to like a Mint Julep.

This next Summer I plan to perfect a Mint Julep for my tastes, as well as get the complete understanding on how to adjust it for any of my friends' palate.

On a completely unrelated note, did you ever send me that book on how to make a speedster on the cheap?
      Have you tried Basil Hayden's for the Mint Julep? I also like Knob Creek in my Manhattans.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm dangerously close to setting aside Woodford Reserve for Bookers. That stuff grew on me fast. Really can't see not having a bottle of both on hand at all times though.

Comment

Keep an eye on woot, they've had whiskey stones a couple times in the last couple few months.

As for whisk(e)y, I love bourbon, like Irish whiskey, can appreciate a good scotch, and loathe Canadian whiskey. Crown tastes like raisins imo. I'll drink bourbon neat, with a splash of water, or an ice cube or two. Just depends on what I'm drinking. Cheap stuff gets a splash of coke.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            I'm dangerously close to setting aside Woodford Reserve for Bookers. That stuff grew on me fast. Really can't see not having a bottle of both on hand at all times though.
            You don't have a wife or kids. You should have way more than two different kinds of booze in the house, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
              You don't have a wife or kids. You should have way more than two different kinds of booze in the house, lol.
              LOL.

Last time I went on a buying spree I came home with Jefferson's, Baker's, Makers 46, Bulleit, Buffalo Trace, Evan Williams single barrel, and Oban 14.

or ... not sure.

Comment

LOL.

Last time I went on a buying spree I came home with Jefferson's, Baker's, Makers 46, Bulleit, Buffalo Trace, Evan Williams single barrel, and Oban 14.

or ... not sure.
                Not bad. I've been drinking this rum from NO called Old New Orleans, and it's pretty damn good. It's made in Louisiana from 100% Louisiana cane sugar. It's no whiskey, but when rum is called for, it's fucking tasty.

Comment

Have you tried Basil Hayden's for the Mint Julep? I also like Knob Creek in my Manhattans.
                  Not yet.

I've spent my whiskey budget for this year. LOL!

I'll check it out next year.

Comment

dollar for dollar...
                    ill take my 1792 ridgemont reserve

then blantons
                    first class white trash

Comment

Ninja please.

Comment

I age my whiskey in the finest dead hooker belly.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

FYI, the Sigel's on Greenville Ave. and Lover's Lane in Dallas has two bottles of Shackleton's replica Scotch.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                            FYI, the Sigel's on Greenville Ave. and Lover's Lane in Dallas has two bottles of Shackleton's replica Scotch.
                            This is the Mackinlay's Old Rare that I mentioned earlier. It was found in Antarctica in 2010 after Shackleton went on an expedition in 1907.

It is truly sensational.

Comment

I like just regular old Jameson on the rocks. I picked up a bottle of the 12 year a couple of weeks ago and got a bottle of Maker's 46 for my birthday, haven't tried either yet though.

Comment

I'd like to see a poll in here.

How do you drink your whiskey?
                                1. Neat
                                2. Dash of water
                                3. One or two ice cubes
                                4. On the rocks (glass of ice)
                                5. Mixed with water
                                6. Mixed with soft-drink
                                7. Other? (with explanation)
                                If its my Whiskey, always neat...same for my scotch.

If I'm drinking mainstream stuff (what someone else typically has)...usually with a few cubes of ice. Never mixed with a soft drink, soda, etc...that's for light liquor....vodka, rum, gin, etc.
                                70' Chevelle RagTop
                                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                                X