Whiskey aficionados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
    no you can't, I've tried. Supposed to be able to get it, but no one has it. Closest I found was as Spec's in Houston
    Hmm, they said it's distributed in Dallas. I'll check with my buddies at Glazers and Republic.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motoman; 06-14-2014, 11:07 AM.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Goody Goody shows to have 1-4 bottles per store scattered across DFW. Call and confirm.

Comment

• As I mentioned the other day, I took the Stranahan's distillery tour while I was up in Denver and it's a pretty cool place to visit, especially for a whiskey drinker. Their process is a little different in that their whiskey starts off like a beer up to the point of where hops would normally be added, but it's not, and it finishes as a whiskey. They use all barley from local farms in the mountains along with rocky mountain spring water and the water used is rated as one of the top 3 spring waters in the world.

This is the first and second stage of the distilling process. The tour guide is holding a mason jar of whiskey as it comes out of the second stage of distilling and it's around 140 proof and pretty close straight methanol.

Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

• I did that tour while I was there. Had an Irish guy do the tour, he was awesome.

Comment

• New American white oak barrels are used for aging and they age a minimum of 2 years up to 5 years. Stranahan's uses an alligator char on the barrels which is the most you can char wood before it catches fire. They get about 300 bottles per barrel.

The barrels used for aging whiskey are small batch barrels and you can see some larger barrels on the left side of this picture which are wine barrels. Once a year they do a small run of their "Snowflake" batch and wine barrels are used for aging. The wine barrels in the picture are barrels used in a port wine. This snowflake batch is so popular that they have people line up 2-3 days before they start selling the limited batch.

At 2 years aging, the whiskey is checked for quality.

And last but not least is the tasting room/general store/lounge. Every Fri/Sat night they have a bar tender come in to pour drinks and everyone hangs out in the lounge.

Comment

• Awesome! Now I want to find a bottle of that stuff.

Comment

• Just came from Liquor Depot in Arlington, they have 6 bottles on the shelf. What's funny is each bottle has a QC sticker of some sort and whoever was doing the bottling I guess gets to write whatever they want in the 'Notes' section so all the bottles have something different and goofy on them.

Comment

• It used to be what they were listening to or reading while bottling. You can volunteer to bottle if you live in the area, and get paid in booze. I've had bottles with listening to Jimmy Buffet and Pantera and even reading Tolken on one. The two I gave now are stupid... 'whiskey inspires' and 'the is free'

Comment

• I just found two old bottles. The 'listening to Pantera' still has a few fingers left in it. The other is empty and says 'reading Howard Zinn'

I usually drink 4-6 bottls a year, since the fiance's dad lives in Denver

Comment

• My dad lives in Denver. I may bring a case back, the next time I'm up there.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        I just found two old bottles. The 'listening to Pantera' still has a few fingers left in it. The other is empty and says 'reading Howard Zinn'

I usually drink 4-6 bottls a year, since the fiance's dad lives in Denver
                        SO is it really worth the $50 for 750ml? Also, what would you compare it to?

Comment

• Originally posted by phaux View Post
                          SO is it really worth the $50 for 750ml? Also, what would you compare it to?
                          it's an Irish Whiskey, has a lot of caramel, vanilla tones in it, as well as some spice/smoke.

I wouldn't compare it to anything else I've had. To me, it's what Jameson wished it tasted like.

Comment

• The Stranahans compliments nicely to the collection.
                            Thanks Stephen#'s for the hook up.

David

Comment

• /\ this forum needs a like button.

Comment

• well... when in Colorado, right?

just picked up a couple bottles of Stranahan's... perhaps not the flavor I was looking for. we've been working on Knob Creek up here as the work horse.

it's not bad by any stretch, just not a "big" flavor

I think I'll have another taste and revisit it later whenever my palate says "hey remember that stuff? how about some of THAT!?"

and yes, Colorado is very green this time of year
                                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                                X