No announcement yet.

Whiskey aficionados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where I can find a bottle (unopened if someone has one) of Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
      Anyone know where I can find a bottle (unopened if someone has one) of Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year?
      hahaha good luck. I stumbled on a bottle in Corpus one year, and when i went to the counter with it, they called the owner, and he asked me where the hell i found it. They typically have a waiting list for all of the Pappy from the 10 year up that that can get their hands on.

It's getting such a following these days, that you can't even get on a waiting list. If you look around October when they start to ship to Texas, you might catch someone accidentally putting it out on the shelves. I'll let you know the next ship date for TX as I'm on a mailing list

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        I was a big fan back when prices were $25 for 1.75 before anyone ever heard of it. Every time I went to the liquor store the price would go up a buck or so.
        If there's a Spec's near you, work the case discount and cash discount. Goody Goody might match it, too.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          hahaha good luck. I stumbled on a bottle in Corpus one year, and when i went to the counter with it, they called the owner, and he asked me where the hell i found it. They typically have a waiting list for all of the Pappy from the 10 year up that that can get their hands on.

It's getting such a following these days, that you can't even get on a waiting list. If you look around October when they start to ship to Texas, you might catch someone accidentally putting it out on the shelves. I'll let you know the next ship date for TX as I'm on a mailing list
          Please do, sir. I know it's asking a lot, but not like I'm searching for the 23yr!

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            That shit is nasty. Women's whiskey imo.
            I don't drink TX, I was ribbing on deserttruckteazey. You know I'm a scotch whore and I drink my quality whisky/ey neat. If I wanted something in that flavor profile, it would be Crown Royal and also getting mixed with Coca-cola.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              That shit [TX whiskey] is nasty. Women's whiskey imo.
              going to need to hear strychinne side of the story
              2012 GT500

Comment

• EZRA BROOKS 90 proof.

Comment

• Thought my wife was being nice and getting me this

Then found out my sister got her husband this

Comment

• Had a $25 gift card to Specs. Picked up a bottle of Woodford Rye.
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    dont downshift!!

Comment

• Just picked up a bottle of Balvenie 17 and 14 after recommendations from the lady at the liquor store. This stuff is excellent. I don't normally like to church it up like this with classy stuff...but It's a very nice drink.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                        Wound up with an eagle rare 10 year
                        We took this bottle to the clubhouse and killed along with many beers. From what I can remember it was quite tasty

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          Just picked up a bottle of Balvenie 17 and 14 after recommendations from the lady at the liquor store. This stuff is excellent. I don't normally like to church it up like this with classy stuff...but It's a very nice drink.
                          Excellent choice!

David

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                            Excellent choice!

David
                            See? We're straightening RuffDaddy out, one awesome scotch at a time.
                            dont downshift!!

Comment

• Comment

• Bottle pics and details earlier in the thread. Distilled in
                                1916 and bottled in 1923.

Comment

Working...
                                X