X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love me some taste testing

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      While on a cruise I got a bottle of The Macallan Select Oak. Has a great initial flavor, but burns like a mother fucker. Absolutely fantastic mixed with cream soda.
      My wife got me this one recently, and it's damn fine.

Not so sure about that Macallan Oscuro though, that's a bit steep!

Comment

• I hope I can make it to Firestone and Robertson tomorrow to grab a bottle of their new TX bourbon that is being released tomorrow. It's not $800 a bottle like what you ballers drink on a regular basis, but should be good enough for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
          I hope I can make it to Firestone and Robertson tomorrow to grab a bottle of their new TX bourbon that is being released tomorrow. It's not $800 a bottle like what you ballers drink on a regular basis, but should be good enough for me.
          I haven't driven by today, but I read there might be people camping out there tonight.

At ~$50 I"ll definitely be getting some... but I'll wait until it hits stores next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            I haven't driven by today, but I read there might be people camping out there tonight.

At ~$50 I"ll definitely be getting some... but I'll wait until it hits stores next week.
            I'll do a drive by. If the line looks manageable I'll get in line. If it is stupid long, I'll wait for the stores to get their supply. Although waiting in line for bourbon isn't as sad as waiting in line for the newest smart phone or Sci-Fi movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
              Although waiting in line for bourbon isn't as sad as waiting in line for the newest smart phone or Sci-Fi movie.
              Careful, you'll piss off everyone here!

Post an update when you cruise by. I'm in my living room about 2.5 mi away, but too busy to get out right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                Careful, you'll piss off everyone here!

Post an update when you cruise by. I'm in my living room about 2.5 mi away, but too busy to get out right now.
                i.e. he'd have to put pants on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  i.e. he'd have to put pants on!

Comment

• Lol, nope. I don't think everyone in line will get a bottle.

Comment

• I just saw i vid they posted of the line

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• We're making a go of it. The line is manageable now, and we heard they are making changes to make the line go faster.

Comment

• I drove by around 12:30 and just kept ona goin. I will go by Monday and grab some. I got a private tour a few weeks ago when I was there. I don't claim to be any sort of whiskey connoisseur, but I will partake of this regularly instead of the JD, etc. I normally keep in the cabinet just because it's a good local business and product exclusively using all Texas ingredients.
                          Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

Comment

• I got to try some 20 year old Pappy last night. I'm far from a whiskey snob but I can safely say it was the best booze I've ever had. Not sure I'd pay $2k for a bottle of it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                              I got to try some 20 year old Pappy last night. I'm far from a whiskey snob but I can safely say it was the best booze I've ever had. Not sure I'd pay $2k for a bottle of it though.
                              $2k?! I paid like $180 for my bottle from Total Wine.

Comment

• Whiskey river, take my mind
                                Don't let her memory torture me
                                Whiskey river, don't run dry
                                You're all I got, take care of me…

Comment

Working...
                                X