• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
    ^WTF!?!!!1111 That would burn!!!
    kinda like the clap...
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      kinda like the clap...
      I'll take your word on that. ;-)

Comment

Well, I went and picked up a bottle of the Balcones True Blue, and Rebecca's Creek to give them a try. I'm always down to try a Texas product even if it sucks

Here's my whiskey stash. Some were gifts, others I picked up myself.

Redbreast 12 year Irish
        Jameson 12 year Irish
        Balcones True Blue (61.7% alc)
        Basil Hayden's (on Yale's recommendation)
        Rebecca Creek
        Jack Daniels
        2 bottles of Garrison Brothers Early Release
        Woodford Reserve (gift from Talisman)
        Phillips Union Cherry Whiskey (thought I'd try it, it's like cough medicine)

Comment

Just tried the Rebecca Creek straight, then in a highball (diet ginger ale). And it is not a bad blended, very smooth, nice vanilla taste to it, and mixes very well with the ginger ale. This might be a new mixer whiskey for sure. Doesn't hurt that it's a Texas product too.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            Basil Hayden's (on Yale's recommendation)
            Yes!

Just tried the Rebecca Creek straight, then in a highball (diet ginger ale). And it is not a bad blended, very smooth, nice vanilla taste to it, and mixes very well with the ginger ale. This might be a new mixer whiskey for sure. Doesn't hurt that it's a Texas product too.
            Good to know.

I just grabbed a bottle of Buffalo Trace (and a 6'er of New Belgium Snow Day) for the Christmas weekend.

Comment

Time for a well shaken, basil hayden's Manhattan.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                What's your thoughts on Rebel Yell?

http://rebelyellwhiskey.com/home.html
                I thought there was a thread about this stuff made here. My wife grabbed a bottle of this as it was on sale and she remembered it from the Kid Rock thing. It tastes watered down to me, so I'll use it to make blended drinks with it for the wife.
                Originally posted by motoman View Post
                Robert has gotten me hooked W.L. Wellers. Good and cheap.
                I am using Wellers as the second-string "after getting the buzz" guzzling drink to conserve the slightly better stuff.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Sitting at Whiskey & Rye in FTW.

They have Pappy Van Winkle 23... $60/glass.

Comment

Time for a well shaken, basil hayden's Manhattan.

Well you know what they say.
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      The one at 290/Brodie is probably the biggest I've been in, I think it was an old grocery store, or Wal-Mart at one time.
                      Academy

Comment

• Pappy van winkle is shipping right now. I got two bottles of 15, a 20 and a 10 year 107 in Nola yesterday

Comment

• I'm also looking for a good whiskey. I'm more into scotch whiskeys so what would be a good selection to try? I drink crown black but its more of a mixer to me. I've tried johnny walker black and it didnt impress me but redbreast was pretty good, so any other recommendations to try?

Comment

• I have tried Buffalo Trace, Jonny Walker Black and Honey Jack and like them all, wanna try something else and find that "special" whiskey/scotch for my wedding day (it's going down in the Grooms room).

Any suggestions as I see several options here, just want that "Special" bottle for the "special" day...
                            Originally posted by Sean88gt
                            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackedv View Post
                              I'm also looking for a good whiskey. I'm more into scotch whiskeys so what would be a good selection to try? I drink crown black but its more of a mixer to me. I've tried johnny walker black and it didnt impress me but redbreast was pretty good, so any other recommendations to try?
                              None of those are scotch...

Comment

• All that DOHCTR talk got me to thinking/google what the most expensive whiskey is...well $60,000 a shot it seems. A little steep for my blood but their tasting room sure looks like fun..

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                                You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                                Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                                You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Working...
                                X