No announcement yet.

Whiskey aficionados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the stainless and soap stones, the soap stone ones last longer but are really only good for one glass of 2-3 fingers of whiskey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      I have the stainless and soap stones, the soap stone ones last longer but are really only good for one glass of 2-3 fingers of whiskey.

How many do you use? Maybe I'll just buy two sets and use my normal glasses. Tired of unintentionally watering it down.

Comment

• 2 at a time, most come with 4 per set. So you swap them back in the freezer per drink. But having two sets would let you drink faster.

Comment

• Sounds like a plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Just finished two plates of turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. Once that settles I'm cracking open the Bookers.

I really need to get some whiskey stones. I think it was Robert that told me that if you use them though you need to use a special glass, otherwise they don't retain the cool hardly at all. Is that right? I really dig the glasses I already use, but I guess I can sacrifice.
            That was me. I bought him the terraforma stones and these glasses:
            View all results for . Search our huge selection of new and used video games at fantastic prices at GameStop.

Comment

• I got two free 6 piece soap stone sets from Total Wine. They kept sending me coupons when they opened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                That was me. I bought him the terraforma stones and these glasses:
                http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e952/

To hell with it. Buying.

Comment

• Was reading a review on some knock off stones and thought you guys would find it funny:

A quick primer because the other reviewer seems confused. These are NOT ice cubes. They have one very specific purpose, putting a SLIGHT chill on straight whiskey to allow some of the flavors to open up and take some of the edge off the Bourbon/Scotch. Hence there is no reason for a child to be using them. Additionally as for hitting them your teeth, again these are not ice cubes and if you are chugging your whiskey, well good on yah mate but these is not for you.

Comment

• Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Vancouver Sun offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Bottle of $33,500 single malt scotch on sale Monday in Vancouver

By Tiffany Crawford, Vancouver Sun November 19, 2012

A $33,500-bottle of Balvenie Fifty scotch — one of only 88 in the world — will go on sale Monday at the B.C. Liquor flagship store on Cambie Street and 39th Avenue

Have you ever wondered what a $33,500 bottle of scotch tastes like?

One serious collector will get the chance Monday when a rare bottle of 50-year-old single malt scotch whisky is unveiled at a B.C. Liquor store.

The bottle of Balvenie Fifty, from the Balvenie Distillery, is one of only 88 in the world. It is the first one to be available in Canada, according to the Liquor Distribution Branch.

Balvenie Fifty was made to celebrate malt master David Stewart’s 50 years with the distillery. It will go on sale Monday at the branch’s flagship store on Cambie Street and 39th Avenue.

Scotch drinkers who can’t afford the hefty price tag are invited to drop by the store anyway from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. to sample a range of other premium whiskies from the same distillery.

The bottle of Balvenie Fifty will be sold on a first come first serve basis, said Tarina Palmer, a spokeswoman for the Liquor Distribution Branch. While she doesn’t anticipate a lineup for the “elite product,” she said if there’s a battle for the bottle staff will conduct some sort of draw.

In the past, B.C. Liquor has sold some cognacs in the same price range, she said, but she speculated that the Balvenie Fifty will likely the most expensive scotch ever to be sold in B.C.

It’s not the priciest scotch in the world, however, by far. A bottle of Macallan 64 scotch sold at Sotheby’s auction in New York in November 2010 for $460,000. According to the Guinness World Records, it is the most expensive whisky ever sold at auction.

The Balvenie Fifty was distilled in 1962 and matured in a European oak sherry hogshead. According to the distillery’s description of the taste, it is velvety sweet with citrus notes and hints of honey, spice and oak.

Comment

• $9 for 9 whiskey stones
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• If anyone's interested, Goody Goody has an exclusive deal going with the Glenrothes distillery, sort of like a private brand, which is called Alexander Murray, and it's stupid cheap for what it is. It's also excellent.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• For the past week I've had 0 alcohol in my fridge (which is a rarity for me) and tonight I finally cracked. I rode my bike down to the shoppette and bought a bottle of Gentleman Jack and Johnnie Walker black (give me some slack, I gotta deal with what AAFES has).

They had the Jack Single Barrel on sale with 2 glasses earlier last week, but I was too late. So I settled for the GJ with glasses.
                          2012 Competition Orange BOSS 302
                          www.militarystangs.com

Comment

• Oh my God. I just left Spec's. How had I never been there before?

Just waking down the first two aisles I ended up with three bottles of TX Whiskey, Makers 46, Jefferson's very small batch and Balvenie 15.

I'll be going back for some Bernheim wheat whiskey and some others soon. Incredible selection.

Did you know that Rogue (the brewery that makes Dead Guy Ale) makes a Dead Guy whiskey?

Also, like I told Yale and Robert last night my wife is getting me a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 23 for Christmas. I'm going to be in bourbon heaven this month.

Comment

• Specs is amaze balls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                Oh my God. I just left Spec's. How had I never been there before?

Just waking down the first two aisles I ended up with three bottles of TX Whiskey, Makers 46, Jefferson's very small batch and Balvenie 15.

I'll be going back for some Bernheim wheat whiskey and some others soon. Incredible selection.

Did you know that Rogue (the brewery that makes Dead Guy Ale) makes a Dead Guy whiskey?

Also, like I told Yale and Robert last night my wife is getting me a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 23 for Christmas. I'm going to be in bourbon heaven this month.
                                I thought if anyone knew, you would. I've been geeking it Total Wine lately, but I'm going to hit up the Spec's north of there next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X