No announcement yet.

Sears to close 100-120 stores after poor holiday sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember as a young kid, we used to go to the Kmart off Loop 12 in Oak Cliff.. I used to run around looking for the blue light special, and when I found them, I yelled at my mom, ACA AMA ACA VENTE!
    Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
      Does anyone want to take a road trip to Killeen with me to go to a K-Mart?
      You are a brave man if you step foot in there....I haven't been in that one in over 10 years....It is way to scary for this chick.....hell, I even avoid the Walmart in Killeen and Copperas Cove. For that matter, I go to Marble Falls to the Lowes and Home Depot there just because the service is 100 x's better......

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
        But it's Sears! They are an american icon we can't let them go under! I think the government should step in and help them out.
        They're not going under, they're downsizing.

Comment

Originally posted by centexchick View Post
          You are a brave man if you step foot in there....I haven't been in that one in over 10 years....It is way to scary for this chick.....hell, I even avoid the Walmart in Killeen and Copperas Cove. For that matter, I go to Marble Falls to the Lowes and Home Depot there just because the service is 100 x's better......
          Why
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

What ? You are crazy why are you scared of the walmart in killeen ? And Cove too ? You have to be kidding me. Hell go to the walmart in arlington on cooper if you want to see a freak show.
            07 GT500
            05 SRT10
            88 turbocoupe T-bird
            93 Cobra
            86 coupe
            Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
              Why
              because it is thug central....the mall is another place that I avoid at all costs. 15-20 teenage thugs "hangin'" out is not my idea of fun....they won't move over when you are walking, they actually aim for you....just to see if you will budge. Hell, they shut our Putt Putt down because of a gang shooting.....yeah...I would rather go an hour out of my way than join up with the pita kids in Killeen/Copperas Cove

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                What ? You are crazy why are you scared of the walmart in killeen ? And Cove too ? You have to be kidding me. Hell go to the walmart in arlington on cooper if you want to see a freak show.
                It isn't the freak show...and no, I wouldn't go to either of those.....I will drive to Austin or Marble Falls....the service is better, the prices are better...(no military "tax"..)......

Comment

because it is thug central....the mall is another place that I avoid at all costs. 15-20 teenage thugs "hangin'" out is not my idea of fun....they won't move over when you are walking, they actually aim for you....just to see if you will budge. Hell, they shut our Putt Putt down because of a gang shooting.....yeah...I would rather go an hour out of my way than join up with the pita kids in Killeen/Copperas Cove
                  Killeen is weak ass military brat wannabe gangs. And cove is a damn hick town.
                  07 GT500
                  05 SRT10
                  88 turbocoupe T-bird
                  93 Cobra
                  86 coupe
                  Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                    Killeen is weak ass military brat wannabe gangs. And cove is a damn hick town.
                    Whether they are weak ass military brats or not....I prefer avoiding them....And the Cove Walmart is about as bad in customer service as those in Killeen/Harker Heights. and Cove is not a hick town....maybe at one time, but it isn't anymore...half assed maybe....Now Lampasas....that is a hick town.....I should know, that is where I went to HS.

Comment

I only go there for tools

Comment

I hope they don't close the one in Plano off 75. I go in there with fists full of busted sockets and ratchets with marks from breaker bars on them and they replace them all for me with no questions.
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Fear not everyone, NO Texas stores are on the list.

Is this telling of the Texas economy?

— Alabama (3): Sears in Mobile; Kmart in Auburn and Gadsden.

— California (3): Sears in El Monte and San Diego (2).

— Colorado (3): Sears in Longmont; Kmart in Broomfield and Glenwood Springs.

— Florida (11): Sears in Crystal River, Deland, Port St. Lucie, Stuart, West Palm Beach; Kmart in Callaway, Fernandina Beach, New Smyrna Beach, Orange City, Pompano Beach and St. Augustine.

— Georgia (6): Sears in Macon; Kmart in Atlanta, Buford, Columbus, Douglasville and Jonesboro.

— Idaho (1): Sears in Lewiston.

— Indiana (3): Sears in Anderson; Kmart in Indianapolis and St. John.

— Iowa (2): Kmart in Cedar Rapids and Davenport.

— Kansas (1): Sears in Lawrence.

— Kentucky (3): Sears in Middleboro; Kmart in Hazard and Winchester.

— Maryland (1): Sears in Ellicott City.

— Michigan (6): Sears in Adrian, Brighton, Chesterfield Township, Harper Woods, Monroe and Washington Township.

— Minnesota (4): Kmart in Duluth, New Hope, White Bear Lake and Willmar.

— Mississippi (3): Sears in Columbus, Jackson and McComb.

— Missouri (2): Sears in Lee's Summit and St. Louis.

— New Hampshire (2): Sears in Keene and Nashua.

— North Carolina (4): Sears in High Point, Morehead City, Rocky Mount and Statesville.

— Ohio (6): Kmart in Chagrin Falls, Columbus, Medina, Springfield and Toledo (2).

— Oregon (1): Sears in Roseburg.

— Pennsylvania (2): Sears in Pottstown and Upper Darby.

— South Carolina (1): Sears in Sumter.

— Tennessee (4): Sears in Antioch, Cleveland, Oak Ridge; Kmart in Hendersonville.

— Virginia (3): Sears in Norfolk; Kmart in Midlothian and Richmond.

— Washington (2): Sears in Walla Walla; Kmart in Lacey.

— Wisconsin (2): Sears in West Baraboo; Kmart in Rice Lake.

Comment

No Texas stores? That's surprising. Our Sears is a dump, it smells weird, and there are never more than two customers in it.

Comment

Working...
                            X