No announcement yet.

austin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could walk it if you really wanted but I would just take a cab for about $10 or less.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      It's less than a mile away to the old Emo's on 6th/Red River, so you're looking at about 15-20 minute walk. If you take Red River all the way, it's pretty well lit, and a block from 35.

Downtown Austin is full of bums and punk kids begging for money all over, most aren't that big of a deal, but some do tend to lurk in packs.

Personally I wouldn't walk it, I'd take a cab for the 5-10 bucks tops it would cost.
      Thanks. I should have just sent you a PM. I didn't know asking a simple question about a town I know nothing about was going to turn into a beating. Sounds like it will be a cab drive. I didn't know cabs were so prevalent in the Austin downtown area. They are just about dead in downtown Dallas.

Comment

Cabs aren't all over the place, but like Dallas, they are available.

From the Frank Erwin center, I'm sure there is a cab stand near the venue. Then as long as you are on a main cross street, Red River, Guadalupe, etc. you should be able to find one. Hell just ask the bar you are at to call you one.

I've taken many a cab from the old Reunion Arena to a bar in downtown/uptown/lower greenville, or even from AAC to Deep Ellum. In Dallas you just need to be off of Main or another large cross road.

Comment

Car2Go is the smart car deal.

Start car-sharing in your city today. Easy rentals, flexible rates, iconic cars. No paperwork, no monthly commitments. Join SHARE NOW.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Thanks. I should have just sent you a PM. I didn't know asking a simple question about a town I know nothing about was going to turn into a beating. Sounds like it will be a cab drive. I didn't know cabs were so prevalent in the Austin downtown area. They are just about dead in downtown Dallas.
            Haven't been around this site long?

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Hey I think a cab can take you for around $10. Not sure it that's been mentioned already.

Comment

Last time we were down there, our hotel was about a 20 minute walk from 6th street so I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said 'FRESH' and it had dice in the mirror.

Comment

If anything, I could say that this cab was rare for the Austin area

Comment

But I thought nah forget it! Yo home to the Frank Erwin Center!

Comment

Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        A few hobos? Lmao. A few every hundred feet maybe... Bums are bad down there, and more shameless than the ones in Dallas. Not dangerous, just obnoxious. I'd probably can it too though, especially after drinking.
                        Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                        I wouldn't want to walk that far. Cabs are everywhere in Austin. Might cost you a whopping $10, but it'll save you half an hour or so.
                        Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                        Pedi cabs are pretty big down there too.
                        All of this... and

If it were me, I would take a pedi cab from Trinity & 6th to Trinity & 15th. Walking along the access along 35 or along Red River is where all of the bums and/or all of the people getting free health care from the hospital would be located.

Comment

Working...
                        X