C6 (LS3) Corvette reliablity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C6 (LS3) Corvette reliablity

Did some searching and haven't found any big complaints. Any owners or GM tech's have any positive/negative long term reliability issues? Things to watch out for or pay special attention to? The car that I am particularly interested in is a 6 speed. Will be using this car as a fair weather daily driver.

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
    Did some searching and haven't found any big complaints. Any owners or GM tech's have any positive/negative long term reliability issues? Things to watch out for or pay special attention to? The car that I am particularly interested in is a 6 speed. Will be using this car as a fair weather daily driver.
    i wouldnt get an 05.. i had problems with mine and traded on an 06 z never had a prob except the roof repair
    first class white trash

Comment

My vette has been a great car, very few problems. The few mechanical issue I ever had with the car was a water pump.
      Last edited by CJ; 01-04-2012, 12:53 PM.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
        i wouldnt get an 05.. i had problems with mine and traded on an 06 z never had a prob except the roof repair
        05 isn't an LS3.

I had my LS2 C6 (2006)for 2 1/2 years and all I had done was the roof fix and a new battery, had 29k miles when I got it and 39k when I traded it.

Do a little research on the clutch fluid getting debris in it, mine had never been changed and I did have the clutch smoke once when I dumped it. I flushed all the old fluid and kept it clean from then on and never had any more issues, but it did always worry me.

This guy has a lot of info on the issue

Comment

Get the auto 6 speed.
          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

So it sounds like they are pretty reasonable reliability wise. What kind of mileage are people seeing out of the 6 speed manuals. I know it isn't a Prius, but if I am not mistaken they can knock down decent mpg's if you stay out of it.

Comment

So it sounds like they are pretty reasonable reliability wise. What kind of mileage are people seeing out of the 6 speed manuals. I know it isn't a Prius, but if I am not mistaken they can knock down decent mpg's if you stay out of it.
              32.9 mpg freeway if you're trying. Overall average around 20-22mpg with city mixed in.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I drove mine from Wisconsin to Texas at 75mph most of the way and running it through the gears just about every time I got on the highway, it got almost 28mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                  Get the auto 6 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                    Zing! Man pedal ftw.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

What's up with the roof?

Comment

They fly off lol

Comment

LS3 'can' have oiling issues with big R comp tires when road racing it (or very, very aggressive track days). Otherwise, it's basically a bulletproof motor. I tracked my '08 LS3 for 3 years without issue being very hard on it before I traded it on my '10 Vette. If you're just going to use an LS3 for around town/drag racing/street racing, it's a bulletproof engine. Hell, there are guys who have bolted a centri blower on it and are making major horsepower with stock internals for 20k+ miles without issue.
                          Ford
                          GM
                          Toyota
                          VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                            Hell, there are guys who have bolted a centri blower on it and are making major horsepower with stock internals for 20k+ miles without issue.
                            See White Lightning.
                            EDIT: Link: http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/showth...t=22775&page=2
                            Last edited by SVT Lurch; 01-04-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                              What's up with the roof?
                              Z06s had issues with the roof coming off.
                              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                              X