Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trooper breaks into homeowner's residence....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trooper breaks into homeowner's residence....

UTICA, N.Y. (AP) - The lawyer for a New York state trooper charged with assaulting a homeowner says his client was so drunk that he didn't realize he had entered someone else's house.

Trooper Jesse Miller pleaded not guilty in Utica City Court Tuesday afternoon to charges that include assault and criminal trespassing.

Utica police say the 31-year-old Miller was off duty when he kicked in a door at a home early Saturday morning. Authorities say the homeowner hit Miller in the head with a hammer and was bitten by Miller when the scuffle spilled outside.

The Observer of Utica reports (http://bit.ly/A4tfNI ) that the trooper's attorney says Miller was highly intoxicated when he walked home from a local bar and mistakenly entered a house that was a block from his own residence.

State police say Miller has been suspended.

State Trooper charged in alleged drunken break-in
    Jan. 3, 2012

Utica (WSYR-TV) – A State Police officer has been accused of getting drunk and breaking into a man’s house in Utica.

According to Utica Police, 31-year-old Jesse Miller went to a Utica man’s residence around 12:18 a.m. on New Year’s Day and pounded on his door. When the resident called 911, Miller – a State Trooper - broke into the home through the front door.

A fight broke out between the two and Miller was hit in the head with a hammer. The resident also suffered a facial injury after being bitten.

The fight spilled into the front yard until police arrived. Utica Police say he was intoxicated during the incident.

Miller was charged with criminal mischief in the third degree, a felony; and criminal trespass and assault in the third degree, both misdemeanors.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Oh Christ....
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Good way to get killed.

Comment

he'd be dead in TX

Comment

Wait until we have both sides of the story...............

Comment

Should have called a locksmith...

Comment

Wonder. Drunk cop busts through your door and you shoot him, do you still get charged with killing a cop?

Comment

Jezzus Christ.

I think Frost has a direct line to every FTP story in the world.

Comment

Not quite. I was looking at another story and that caught my eye.

Comment

I think if a LE gets in trouble with the law his sentence should be upgraded automatically because he's an LEO. What a dip shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      I think if a LE gets in trouble with the law his sentence should be upgraded automatically because he's an LEO. What a dip shit.
                      That has been my thought for years. LEOs are given a badge and authority over us mortals. When they violate the law and the public trust, they have broken more than the law, they have broken the public trust. That should come with a harsh penalty of it's own

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                        LEOs are people too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                          LEOs are people too!!!
                          Yes, but they are people that can ignore speed limits, red lights, DWI laws, if you hit one in a bar you get an elevated offense and so forth.

Comment

LEOs are people too!!!
                            They should be leading by example.

Comment

LEOs are people too!!!
                              I'm not arguing that they aren't, but they are held to a higher degree with the power that they have. I mean it only makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X