Owner financing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owner financing?

Ok I got great info from folks on trading cars but what about a situation where someone wants to make payments?

Total amount will probably 2500-3000 with a down payment then paying off in 2-3 months.

I would hold possession of the vehicle, title, keys, etc till its paid off. What kind of documentation would/should I have?

I would think the deposit/down payment is non refundable in the event they fail to pay the balance of the debt?

Thanks for any advice
    2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
    1990 GT Convertible

It's a bad idea. I've never personally done it, but I've heard plenty of horror stories. I would avoid that situation at all costs.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
        It's a bad idea. I've never personally done it, but I've heard plenty of horror stories. I would avoid that situation at all costs.
        X2
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

oh geeeeez...

Comment

Sounds good. No payment plans then here
            2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
            1990 GT Convertible

Comment

tell him yes sure you take payments "one"

Comment

Worst idea ever, I would never owner finance a vehicle to anyone again.
                Did it with a board member, for my aprilia and got fucked bad!!!!!

Still want to kick that guys ass, but it's not worth it.

---edit----

Re-read and in your situation it wouldn't be bad as you'd be holding on to everything until full payment is recieved. Just make sure you give him a maturity date that states all payments are non refundable and get it in writing/notorized and shit!!!!

word!
                Ded

Comment

whew.... did i miss anything? i was ridin' whoolies on my free aprilia!

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
                    whew.... Did i miss anything? I was ridin' whoolies on my free aprilia!

God bless.
                    LMAO!!!! Fuckin' Paul...

Comment

I guess I am the minority on this one. If you are keeping possession of everything, car, keys, title, etc then I don't see the problem. I would make a contract, if you are late you have X amount of days to pay or I keep the down payment/deposit, and the car.

It depends how bad you need the money, who it is, etc. Now, if you are asking should you accept payments while they take your shit, then absolutely not.
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        whew.... did i miss anything? i was ridin' whoolies on my free aprilia!

god bless.
                        Lulz

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                        I guess I am the minority on this one. If you are keeping possession of everything, car, keys, title, etc then I don't see the problem. I would make a contract, if you are late you have X amount of days to pay or I keep the down payment/deposit, and the car.

It depends how bad you need the money, who it is, etc. Now, if you are asking should you accept payments while they take your shit, then absolutely not.
                        Agreed, see my post above!
                        Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                          Worst idea ever, I would never owner finance a vehicle to anyone again.
                          Did it with a board member, for my aprilia and got fucked bad!!!!!

Still want to kick that guys ass, but it's not worth it.
                          What board member? Did you ever post about this?

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                            What board member? Did you ever post about this?
                            I'd have to look up his name, he owned sik autosports, name is Mike Brindamour and he fucked stunter bob the exact same way (I didn't find this out until it was too late). I posted about it a little, prob last year or so.
                            Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                              I'd have to look up his name, he owned sik autosports, name is Mike Brindamour and he fucked stunter bob the exact same way (I didn't find this out until it was too late). I posted about it a little, prob last year or so.
                              Post up his number! People tat fuck others out of money need to get phone calls at all hours of the night IMO. How much did he screw you our of, what were the details?

Comment

Working...
                              X