Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BradM View Post
    Why no meatloaf?
    That is by far the worst thing to ever be considered eatable. When I was younger (elementary school) I loved it, it was the best ever.. And then the smell because disgusting, and the texture was gag inducing while the mental image of a loaf of meat baked in an oven just isn't appitizing.. There are something's ketchup cannot fix and that is one of them. Yack!

When I eat it, my thoughts are "this has the consistency of a turd"..

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
      That is by far the worst thing to ever be considered eatable. When I was younger (elementary school) I loved it, it was the best ever.. And then the smell because disgusting, and the texture was gag inducing while the mental image of a loaf of meat baked in an oven just isn't appitizing.. There are something's ketchup cannot fix and that is one of them. Yack!

When I eat it, my thoughts are "this has the consistency of a turd"..
      You need to make one yourself. That way you know what's in it and you can tailor it to your taste. I used to have the same feelings about meatloaf until I made one with all the shit that I liked in it.

Comment

You need to make one yourself. That way you know what's in it and you can tailor it to your taste. I used to have the same feelings about meatloaf until I made one with all the shit that I liked in it.
        Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

whiskey and cocaine meatloaf?

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Send him to bed without dinner a couple times. It will fix itself pretty quickly. Children are like terrorists. You don't negotiate with terrorists.
            This x 1,000,000 !!!

My GF gets all sad faced and tries to give in but I won't have it. Eat what I eat or don't eat at all!!!! He will not die if he doesn't eat dinner one night, he will be mad, and he will say he hates you, but he'll get over it. Then the next time he will know you are serious.

I always use the terrorist line too, LOL
            Last edited by Wicked98Snake; 01-13-2012, 11:33 AM.
            Originally posted by Nash B.
            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              Also, is it normal for a kid his age to not want to eat alot at dinner. He eats a huge amount at lunch, but has never ate great at night.
              My kiddo is 5 now and he's not a big eater for dinner. I was always told by his doctor not to force them to eat anything.......could start a bad habit. Just leave it out and if/when he get's hungry, he'll eat it.

Comment

I hate meatloaf and probably haven't eaten it in 15 years. Recently my wife made a southwestern meatloaf with corn, onions, peppers, etc and salsa instead of ketchup of top. Holy shit it was good!

To the OP - kids are picky by nature so he's not out of the ordinary. Just stand your ground and he'll eventually get the idea. My oldest daughter wouldn't eat anything but chicken nuggets and French fries at the age of 3. Now she's 14, eats sushi and just about anything else and wants to be a chef.
                - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  whiskey and cocaine meatloaf?

god bless.
                  I like whiskey and black tar heroin. It seems to act like a binder. That way I can leave out the egg and avoid all of that cholesterol.

Comment

IMO, it's more important that they eat at that age. It's an inconvenience at worse for you.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                      IMO, it's more important that they eat at that age. It's an inconvenience at worse for you.
                      It's more important that they learn to listen to their parents and they can't always have their way. At that early age, you're laying the foundation for things to come. Even under two, they know how to manipulate you. They're always testing the boundaries.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Spoken like the parent of that kid at the store who throws a fit!

J/K

Kind of....
                        Originally posted by Nash B.
                        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

start now. don't wait any longer. My kid eats all the weird stuff that I don't like. Hell, he was eatting with us at our fav chinese resturant when he was a year old. That boy loves just about everything. We still fight him (almost 8). but he will at least try stuff.

Mushrooms, tofu, egg rolls, cabbage, brocolli, greenbeans, spinach (yak)......all the things you would think a kid would hate, he eats. He however gives us grief about apples and carrots....and don't even think of making him pudding....he hates that stuff. lol

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            It's a late start, but that said, it's never too late. My kids eat what I cook, or they don't eat at all. Period.

This.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                              It's more important that they learn to listen to their parents and they can't always have their way. At that early age, you're laying the foundation for things to come. Even under two, they know how to manipulate you. They're always testing the boundaries.
                              These two ideas are the exact arguments that are going through my head. The only thing making me choose option two is, I know he won't starve himself.

Comment

My daughter and I eat the same thing, she is turning 5 in 2 weeks and whenever she has a problem with eating we put it in the fridge for later.
                                Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Working...
                                X