Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if you lose your drivers license can you still fly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you lose your drivers license can you still fly?

Do temp drivers license have a pic or no?

if you got a passport you should be good to go...

Comment

Temp drivers licenses are just a piece paper with your info.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
        Do temp drivers license have a pic or no?
        yes they do. my gf lost hers recently and got a temp. it has her picture on it
        07 f250-family truckster
        08 Denali -baby hauler
        52 f1-rust bucket
        05 Jeep tj. Buggy
        livin the double-wide dream

Comment

You don't need one to fly but tsa will give you a hard time.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
            You don't need one to fly but tsa will give you a hard time.
            you need photo id to fly. doesnt matter which but has to be government issued photo id

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
              you need photo id to fly. doesnt matter which but has to be government issued photo id
              TSA doesn't address the issue of lost IDs on its Web site, and agency officials that I spoke with claimed it was up to the airlines whether to let passengers without IDs fly -- since the airlines are the ones who issue boarding passes. Airline representatives, meanwhile, wouldn't confirm that it is, in fact, their decision, and although they did acknowledge that they have "security measures in place to deal with such an eventuality," they wouldn't elaborate further.

After conversations with several airline reps, it became apparent that lost IDs are handled on a case-by-case basis and that several combinations of conditions can get you on board your flight without proper identification. There are no hard and fast rules, although all the reps agreed on one point: you'll need to show up at the airport extra early to allow enough time for a security interview. (Moreover, since this is your error and not theirs, if you miss your flight you'll have to pay the change fee and the difference in airfare for a later flight.)

Though no single issue is likely to make or break your case, here are some of the considerations that airline personnel will use to determine whether to let you fly.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                TSA doesn't address the issue of lost IDs on its Web site, and agency officials that I spoke with claimed it was up to the airlines whether to let passengers without IDs fly -- since the airlines are the ones who issue boarding passes. Airline representatives, meanwhile, wouldn't confirm that it is, in fact, their decision, and although they did acknowledge that they have "security measures in place to deal with such an eventuality," they wouldn't elaborate further.

After conversations with several airline reps, it became apparent that lost IDs are handled on a case-by-case basis and that several combinations of conditions can get you on board your flight without proper identification. There are no hard and fast rules, although all the reps agreed on one point: you'll need to show up at the airport extra early to allow enough time for a security interview. (Moreover, since this is your error and not theirs, if you miss your flight you'll have to pay the change fee and the difference in airfare for a later flight.)

Though no single issue is likely to make or break your case, here are some of the considerations that airline personnel will use to determine whether to let you fly.
                id say 8 times out of 10 you will be turned down. I was in the airport a few months ago and they denied a woman on a expired state dl. Chances are with out proper id you will be turned away.
                Adult passengers (18 and over) are required to show a U.S. federal or state-issued photo ID in order to be allowed to go through the checkpoint and onto their flight.

We understand passengers occasionally arrive at the airport without an ID, due to lost items or inadvertently leaving them at home. Not having an ID, does not necessarily mean a passenger won’t be allowed to fly. If passengers are willing to provide additional information, we have other means of substantiating someone’s identity, like using publicly available databases.

Passengers who are cleared through this process may be subject to additional screening. Passengers whose identity cannot be verified by TSA may not be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint or onto an airplane.

Acceptable IDs include:

U.S. passport
                U.S. passport card
                DHS "Trusted Traveler" cards (NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
                U.S. Military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DOD civilians)
                Permanent Resident Card
                Border Crossing Card
                DHS-designated enhanced driver's license
                Drivers Licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent)
                A Native American Tribal Photo ID
                An airline or airport-issued ID (if issued under a TSA-approved security plan)
                A foreign government-issued passport
                Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) card
                Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)

Comment

I will give you first hand info. I lost my license 2 months ago. When you get a temporary ID it does have your picture on it.

When I went through security at Love Field they didn't even questions me...they just looked at my temp ID, boarding pass, and said have a nice flight.

I was shocked at how easy it was.

Comment

I've gotten on a plane with no government ID what so ever. It just takes an extensive search and pat down. But temps have pictures now for sure.

I lost my license running on Huntington beach and though I wasn't going to get to fly home last summer so it's recent first hand experience.

Comment

id say 8 times out of 10 you will be turned down.
                      Nobody cares what you think.

This just happened to me when I was in NYC, I lost my wallet but found it. I had no other photo ID whatsoever. One of my friends is a TSA agent, said it happens all the time. A supervisor at the checkpoint can ask a series of challenge questions to verify your identify, and that if you have alternate things in your luggage, i.e. other photo ID, prescriptions, etc, you can get by.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                        Nobody cares what you think.

This just happened to me when I was in NYC, I lost my wallet but found it. I had no other photo ID whatsoever. One of my friends is a TSA agent, said it happens all the time. A supervisor at the checkpoint can ask a series of challenge questions to verify your identify, and that if you have alternate things in your luggage, i.e. other photo ID, prescriptions, etc, you can get by.
                        weeew a TSA agent? he must be a bad mother fucker with that sort of job.. LOL I've seen people personally turned down. Its just a headache, bring a photo id issued by the government to avoid retarded TSA scrutiny...

Comment

weeew a TSA agent? he must be a bad mother fucker with that sort of job.. LOL I've seen people personally turned down. Its just a headache, bring a photo id issued by the government to avoid retarded TSA scrutiny...
                          Let's say that I've printed my boarding pass at home and I'm not checking any luggage. Who is the only person that stands between me and getting on the plane?

Comment

99.9% of TSA agents are slack jawed faggots.

Originally posted by GE View Post
                            Let's say that I've printed my boarding pass at home and I'm not checking any luggage. Who is the only person that stands between me and getting on the plane?
                            I foresee a 0.1% chance of it not being a slack jawed faggot.

Comment

Working...
                            X