LEOs/Somebody please explain....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEOs/Somebody please explain....

how can this girl commit such an act and be allowed to go home? why was she not arrested on the spot and let the district attorneys office sort it out. I have already submitted a letter to the Dallas D.A. about this case. This is an instance where the this girl showed be hit with the full letter of the law...no plea bargains, nothing...max punishment that the law allows.

here is link for Dallas D.A. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Craig-...527254?sk=info

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/lak...-street-011312

Lake Highlands Teen Killed Crossing the Street
    Published : Friday, 13 Jan 2012, 5:48 PM CST
    Lynn Kawano FOX 4 News

LAKE HIGHLANDS, Texas - The mother of a Lake Highlands teen killed while crossing the street is angry that the driver who hit him has not been arrested.

Riley Rawlins was killed last Saturday as he walked to the Sonic on Royal Lane and Audelia Road to meet friends. It was just three miles away from his home.

According to police, the 17-year-old was about to step onto the curb when a 1995 Lincoln hit him and dragged him almost 400 feet.

Witnesses told police the light at Royal Lane had just turned yellow and the driver weaved around cars to avoid stopping.

Police said the 19-year-old driver admitted she was trying to beat the light and that she was going about 70 miles per hour in a 35 mile per hour zone. She also told the officers she was driving without a license and insurance because it was too expensive.

While she does face manslaughter charges, police have not yet arrested the driver and they haven’t publicly identified her.

Monica Rawlins said grief over her son’s death has turned into anger because of that.

“This grief is crushing. It’s a dream I want to wake from and I can’t,” she said. “I get comfort in going in his room and I can smell him in his room. And my grief is only matched by my anger, it’s so senseless.”

Monica Rawlins said she had been fretting about her only son’s decision to join the Marines when he graduated from Lake Highlands High School next year.

“He said, ‘Mamma, everybody dies and I’m joining the Marines. It’s gonna happen,’” she said.

Dallas police are still investigating the case, which is expected to go to a grand jury.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

damn

Comment

This is my physics teacher's nephew. She has been out all week.
        2012 GT500

Comment

Look at what the city... should answer your question.

Comment

Dallas police Sgt. Jerry Sanchez declined Friday to name the woman. "It's under investigation, and we're waiting to get back information on a couple of things," he said. He would not elaborate, except to say that the lack of a license and insurance "is the least of this lady's worries."

Sanchez said that the case could be referred to a grand jury, which would decide whether to indict her for a crime. Detectives could also file charges against the woman directly, he said. Both would result in an arrest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
              This is my physics teacher's nephew. She has been out all week.
              We're gonna need a name, Cobraboy.

Comment

without an investigation theres not much to arrest her for... you obviously could arrest for the class c charges but without the investigation you couldn't put her in on the spot for anything that would have stuck more than a day.

Comment

She admittiy commited 3 traffic violations which turns it into reckless driving charge at the minimum and you can be arrested for that, at the officers discretion. Class B, up to $200 fine and or 30 days in jail.

Why the hell didnt they arrest her?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

DPD has a bad habit of dropping the ball in that part of town when it comes to prosecuting drivers of cars who kill people in traffic accidents; especially when one of their own is the driver.

At best they can give the girl a 2 year sentance in state jail but they have to prove criminal negligence for that to stick.
                    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 01-16-2012, 08:05 PM.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Seems like they had enough info to arrest her for something.

Comment

Thats a shitty part of town. Always good to carry when over there.

Comment

1. Illegal mexican
                          2. rich kid
                          3. politician's kid

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Jaywalking perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                              Thats a shitty part of town. Always good to carry when over there.
                              There are much worse areas, but I won't disagree completely. That intersection is right on the periphery of a huge drug infested, Section 8 collection of apartments. Not even 200 yards away to the south there are homes in the 175-300k range.

That whole area used to be nice (grew up @ audelia/NW Hwy) but I would agree it's gone down ever since the section 8 apartments along royal/skillman & audelia/Kingsley popped up 10-15 years ago.

In the late 90's I lived for a time just on the other side of 635 and it sucked every time you wake up that you poke your head out the window to see if your car was stolen/broken into or up on blocks.

====

As to the kid that got hit - it's a jaywalker. Bet the house on it. People walk across the intersection DIAGONALLY like it was a mall food court. They never look, just step off and walk slow even when traffic is approaching. They lead worthless drug addled welfare lives so they are worth about as much as cannon fodder.

Comment

Working...
                              X