19 years, Gone... Boom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19 years, Gone... Boom

In 1992, I started working at a Dallas area Ford dealership as a porter. I started the Ford ASSET program and graduated #2 in my class by 1995.

I have worked in Service since then and have done about 95% front end work. Brakes, alignments, ABS, noises, vibrations, electrical power steering concerns, even a few lift kits for 4X4's.

I have worked with 7 service managers, 5 fixed operational managers, 6 shop foremans, 4 owners in this time.

In December 2010, things started to change. The quick lube/service guys started to get all/most of my "gravy". I started to get all the "problem childs" no other tech could hear or duplicate. I still can hear some noise's that older techs can't hear. Technically they should have gotten the job back, but no... seem to come to me. I started to call myself the Mushroom Tech...."Kept in the dark, and fed shit"

Well, today I got the speech, " We are going to part ways with you due to low CSI scores."

No warning, no get your CSI scores up, no second chances( and yes I asked).

19 Years. I have NEVER gotten written up once. Never got a warning about low CSI's. Never got a warning to get shit together. I truly think managment wanted me gone... Why? I would like to know. Rumor is a new guy from another store.....

I am 39. No kids, no Wife... I think its time for a career change.
    Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

damn that sucks, but how did you get low criminal scene investigator scores at FORD?
    Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Chances are that they want more of the young dumbasses that they don't have to pay as much. The last time I worked as a tech at a dealer was back in 99'. It sucked then, and I know plenty of people that tell me it sux worse now. Loyalty is a word that means jack shit these days. Sorry you're going through it. Been there done that myself.
      "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

It happens. I'm getting ready to force retire a guy that has been with the company 45years.

Comment

Try for a CDL of that interest you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            It happens. I'm getting ready to force retire a guy that has been with the company 45years.
            Note to self, never work for evil Sean. No disrespect intended.

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
              damn that sucks, but how did you get low criminal scene investigator scores at FORD?
              Nice. Once I was a Ford Tech die hard.....right now, Fuck the Ford dealer that killed me.
              Some cars and a bike...

Comment

What dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by psdtech View Post
                  What dealer?
                  Not sure if I should say yet.
                  Some cars and a bike...

Comment

I've been through the dealer bs since 96'. I can tell you if you are worth a shit you'll be ten times better off on your own. If all else fails go to the natural gas co's they love old' dealer mechanics

Comment

Originally posted by psdtech View Post
                      What dealer?
                      What are CSI scores?
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Customer service indicator score, it's a bs score. Most of the bad surveys are from a bad sales experance but survey was from service visit.

Comment

Customer Service Index/indicator, im pretty sure.

Customers get a mailer with a servey asking how the tech and advisor did. It's a HUGE deal at dealerships. Most advisors will do anything to get good grades, but the ones who try to fuck you deserve every low mark they get, and the ones who treat you right deserve the highest praises so they dont get the shaft like this.

Comment

Eh, i have seen PLENTY of service advisors at Bankston and the old Payton Wright who deserve to get negative marks on their scores.

As often as shit breaks on my car, im a god damn street PHD on how much shit costs to fix. =P

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
                              Not sure if I should say yet.
                              If they are pissing all over you and your livelihood....what does it matter? I have seen dealers do shit like this several times over the last few years to friends of mine who had dedicated themselves to being the best they knew how to be. It would seem the FoMoCo (as well as Chrysler, GM, Toyota, Nissan, etc) are totally ok with stabbing their best and most loyal long-time employees in the back the second they see a chance to save a penny even if it means the quality will suffer because by hiring lower paid new employees they still save money in the big picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X