Cruise ship owner offers passengers $14,000 for wreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise ship owner offers passengers $14,000 for wreck

I'm gonna guess that isn't going to be enough.

Parent company of the cruise ship Costa Concordia offers passengers $14,460 compensation each for lost luggage and trauma on top of medical, travel and ticket cost - AP

I'd demand my own cruise ship!

Comment

Add another 0 or two at the end of that number and then we can talk....
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Sorry we ruined your vacation, nearly killed you, and traumatized you for life in our real life re-enactment of 'The Poseidon Adventure'. Here is 14K in reparations. Go buy yourself a used car. Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
          Sorry we ruined your vacation, nearly killed you, and traumatized you for life in our real life re-enactment of 'The Poseidon Adventure'. Here is 14K in reparations. Go buy yourself a used car. Have a nice day.
          LMAO!!! Awesome.

Comment

Didnt they originally offer a refund a 30% off coupon? The PR people for this company need to be fired. Between the idiot captain and his constant BS lies and the way the PR dept has handled this, this company will hurt for a while.

Comment

I would be cool with that assuming I wasn't injured.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                I would be cool with that assuming I wasn't injured.
                and for each piece of lost luggage. Hell that might not be a bad haul for some.

Comment

It is per person not per piece of luggage lol, I still feel that it is a reasonable amount since the are compensating for the other costs as well. I suppose if I had some high dollar stuff in my luggage I would be pissed and want more, but I could probably replace everything I would of had for $500-$1000 unless I had my laptop.

Costa Crociere SpA offered uninjured passengers $14,460 apiece Friday to compensate them for lost baggage and the psychological trauma they suffered after their cruise ship ran aground and capsized off Tuscany.

Comment

It is per person not per piece of luggage lol, I still feel that it is a reasonable amount since the are compensating for the other costs as well. I suppose if I had some high dollar stuff in my luggage I would be pissed and want more, but I could probably replace everything I would of had for $500-$1000 unless I had my laptop.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/01...est=latestnews
                    EDIT* I misread

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/01...est=latestnews
                      Laptop, ipad, cell phone, camera can get pricey quick

Comment

Depending on what the cruise cost, $14,000 sounds pretty fair to me.

I'd expect something along the lines of 3 times the cost of the trip and luggage replacement, plus all medical bills today and any future related bills to be paid by the cruise line.

Then again I wasn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                          1500, 500, 500, 500

Still 4 grand to replace it, you'd have 10k leftover.

Comment

Don't forget all the jewelry people left on the ship.

That raises a question i guess. When they finally get the ship out of there, and go through it. What is going to happen to all the personal belongings?

I think everyone is forgetting the jewelry onboard. People get dressed up for cruises. There is a bunch of jewelry on that ship right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                              Not to mention wedding/engagement rings, watches, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X