Stay off of 360 in Arlington today - Bad day to be a Cat genset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay off of 360 in Arlington today - Bad day to be a Cat genset

You know that railroad bridge at Division? The low one... with a shitload of LOW BRIDGE signs leading up to it?

Someone (I'll save my guesses) was moving a drill rig today. Their three SCR sets (Cat 3512 powered) were convoying northbound and missed every one of those signs...

Looks like the first jackass didn't see the low bridge sign and smashed the SCR set into it then off the trailer, and the second jackass followed suit. Jackass #3 didn't quite make it, but he made sure to crash into the second genset that landed on the road.

One rig's worth of powergen is about $1MM. Suuuuuuuuucks!

Oh and 360 is closed in both directions.

Oops!

Fuck that sucks

Comment

They gonna have one hell of a wrecker bill.

Comment

My wife called me and told me to be ready for traffic due to this. I take 20 but Im sure 20 and 30 will both be backed up due to this.

Comment

So, how the hell do you move something that size?

Comment

Invest in companies that sell buffers. They're going to need a few.
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Idiot drivers!

Comment

LMAO
                dumb asses

Comment

What a mess. Sure will be glad when they finish up that construction. They've only needed to fix that bottleneck for the last 15 or 20 years...

Comment

Hmm, that's right down the street.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      What a mess. Sure will be glad when they finish up that construction. They've only needed to fix that bottleneck for the last 15 or 20 years...
                      Werd..

and yeah 20 and 30 will definitely be affected. I am lucky to be able to use the HOV tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Sad thing is that this statement could be used for the majority of roads just in Tarrant county.

I appreciate the heads up Stryc. I've driven to LA and back since Wednesday morning and am about 60 miles out. At least I know what to expect.

Comment

WTF where they not thinking

Comment

looks like it didn't even hardly scratch the I beam on the bridge!

Comment

Wow, none of them paying attention, following too close I suppose. Seems to me that bridge may suffer enough damage to be condemned don't you think? I'm not that kind of engineer though so I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X