Another surcharge thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another surcharge thread

So last year I was able to obtain my license again...after paying over $2k in surcharges. Fast forward to Saturday when I receive a letter in the mail from MSB asking for another $260. My question is does anyone have a direct number to someone at DPS I can talk to about this? I had 3 different surcharges that I have already paid 3 years on each in full.
    Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Pay

Comment

you guys have surcharges on your licenses?

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
          So last year I was able to obtain my license again...after paying over $2k in surcharges. Fast forward to Saturday when I receive a letter in the mail from MSB asking for another $260. My question is does anyone have a direct number to someone at DPS I can talk to about this? I had 3 different surcharges that I have already paid 3 years on each in full.
          You know once you get the ticket paid you have to pay Austin. Once you get Austin paid you have to pay a third party company, Omni, to release the hold on you DL....Sucks big Donkey (ryhmes with stick).

Anyways, good luck talking to Austin, I was on hold for 1hr 30min just to inq about a mysterious hold on my DL about a year ago...
          Originally posted by Sean88gt
          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
          Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            I'll join you

Comment

Such bullshit, fuck surcharges.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                Agreed

Comment

how do you get these surcharges? i get speeding tickets fairly regularly but never have had to deal with these.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                    I agree 110%.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      how do you get these surcharges? i get speeding tickets fairly regularly but never have had to deal with these.

god bless.
                      DWI, No Insurance, and there is a points system for moving violations. Once you hit a certain amount of points, it's double jeopardy essentially. Pay the city and pay Austin.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.

Comment

WTF so not only do you get fucked in cort you have to pay a surcharge? what kind of cheap shit is that.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                            WTF so not only do you get fucked in cort you have to pay a surcharge? what kind of cheap shit is that.
                            Shady huh?

Comment

Pretty much an apparent, you scratch my back I give a full body massage type deal:

The vendor who collects the surcharge for the Department is allowed to charge service fees in addition to the surcharge. The fees allowed are:

Service fee of 4% of the original surcharge amount.
                              Installment plan payment fee of $2.50 per partial payment.
                              Credit/Debit Card fee of 2.25% of payment plus $0.25 (except where prohibited by law).
                              Electronic Check fee of $2.00 per payment.
                              What the above says, from TXDPS web site referenced above; Any form of payment will be taxed by way of fee...

I wish so much at times that I was an attorney that had knowledge of the legal system. The way Texas is being run is about a bad as the way the U.S. is being run. This whole setup stinks of kickbacks and what not, there has to be something that can be done while we still have rights and equality. The judicial system of yesterday is slowly being re-wrote or amended to make way for these perks and kickbacks to "third party" companies by the elected officals of today.

Who chooses the company?
                              How are they chosen?
                              Does anyone working with or associated with this company have any ties or relationships with the persons who make the decision (conflict of interest)?

These are just a few questions that have come to mind for me. Also, I have not had to pay a surcharge since 2007 but all of this is still fresh in my mind. Seems like the mafia is running this Shit rather than elected officials that are supposed to represent and protect us.
                              Last edited by Gtracer; 02-06-2012, 03:07 PM.
                              Originally posted by Sean88gt
                              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Working...
                              X