Anyone here install car lifts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here install car lifts?

Looking for someone I can hire to help me install two- 2-post lifts in my shop. They are smaller 7000lb ones with clear overheads. There is already wiring ran for one so I would need another breaker and wires ran for the second one and also have the lifts bolted down. I don't have the right kind of drill and don't really know what I am supposed to use to bolt them down anyway.

Would like to put them up next week sometime, anytime really.

I have stretched my funds very tight with all the equipment purchases but can pay in cash still. Or if you prefer I can barter some automotive work or I also have a 5 keg kegerator to trade. I see the 3 keg ones go for a grand all the time so I figure mine is worth at least that. Stainless steel top and in pretty decent shape.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

(817) 689-5968

Comment

I insatlled my NT9000 2 post, it is easy to do to. Stand them up get them set where they need to go and drill the flooor drop in some 3/4 by 5 or 6 anchors. It took me about 2 hours to get mine done.
      Do not use and Impact on the anchors.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
        I insatlled my NT9000 2 post, it is easy to do to. Stand them up get them set where they need to go and drill the flooor drop in some 3/4 by 5 or 6 anchors. It took me about 2 hours to get mine done.
        Do not use and Impact on the anchors.
        What this guy said. Its super simple and straight forward! You will need a hammering drill (with correct size bit) to get through the concrete quickly.
        Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
        http://www.titantowing.net
        -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

and the anchors we used said to torque to 130ftlbs
          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Sounds easy enough. I just gotta buy a hammer drill. Gonna check the pawn shops and harbor freight.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
              Sounds easy enough. I just gotta buy a hammer drill. Gonna check the pawn shops and harbor freight.
              They can be rented from any home improvement store I believe. Just get the locations you want to drill marked, drill and take them back.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Cool, I will look into rentals. Thanks for the info everyone.

Comment

I used a 14.4 dewalt cordless drill to drill mine out with 3/4 18" masonary bit. I also made some 3/16th plates that are 2x3 foot to go under the posts to distribute the weight a bit more since the floor is only at most 5" thick in my shop. I have had my f150 fx4 Super crew on it and it does just fine.

Comment

I rented the hammer-drill & bits at our local renta-center when we did mine. I think we only had it about 1/2 day.

mardyn

Comment

Check with the rental store on valley mills, its real close to bad bear liquor. I've rented a jackhammer from them a couple of times

Comment

Well didn't have any luck locating a rental hammer drill. So I did something dumb. I bought a Harbor Freight sale one. Figured I only needed it for this so didn't care if it didn't last. Well it shot flames halfway into the first hole and I had 31 more holes to go. So I returned it and bought a $70 Ryobi 1/2 one on sale. I have several other Ryobe products and they have been reliable and long lasting. It finnished the first hole and by the second hole is broke its hammer action and the motor started to smoke.
                        So I returned it and bought the largest one I could find that could hold the 3/4" bits I bought and that was a pretty big Makita. It finnished the second hole and died trying for the third hole.......ugh. so we gave up Saturday and felt defeated. 6 hours and over $100 in gas chasing drills wore me out to only have 2.5 holes drilled out of 32. Then I discovered there are different bits for the real big drills and I bought the wrong ones. Found a big ass Bosch 10 amp hammer drill and some $30 bits and gave it a go. I was letting my friends try and drill the holes and figured I would give it a go. Took about 1.5 hours to drill all the remaining holes and drive 32 studs 5" into some very reinforced concrete.

At least they are in and don't look like they will have issues. 8 studs in each post which seemed like overkill for their size but I wasn't gonna half ass it.

Comment

Working...
                        X