I miss you dirt bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss you dirt bags

Man we've fallen quiet lately, let's talk about stuff. What's going on in everyone's lives?

I'm doing old man shit, had to stop drinking and start eating rabbit food to get my blood pressure down. hoping to pull the trans on the tbird this weekend and get it running. My kids about to graduate high school, and everything in life costs way to much.

Same shit as always for me. Finished out my 70 Buick GS, now bored and need another project.

Comment

Been on the road for most of the last couple of months and had no time in the garage for the last few. Life gets in the way.

Comment

My car is still being built in TN, currently the engine bay smoothing is what's happening.

I was pretty stressed the last month about layoffs at work that I knew were coming, luckily for me I wasn't impacted but between that and the Rangers world series win (always been a massive fan) I had a TON of stress and I feel like a boulder was lifted off my chest. Next week the the family and I fly to Cabo for Thanksgiving week, so I'm really looking forward to that again!

As for the kids, my life is absolutely nuts with their schedules. The oldest is in basketball and choir, and even made all region choir. The youngest made his 7th grade basketball team at school and has practice at 6:30am pretty much every day, and also plays select soccer so he has practice Monday through Friday between 1 to 2 hours a night depending on the day then games on the weekends... I work and taxi my boys around to their shit. So yeah, I'm really looking forward to next week when I can have dinner at The Office on the beach and drink margaritas till I pass out.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
          My car is still being built in TN, currently the engine bay smoothing is what's happening.

I was pretty stressed the last month about layoffs at work that I knew were coming, luckily for me I wasn't impacted but between that and the Rangers world series win (always been a massive fan) I had a TON of stress and I feel like a boulder was lifted off my chest. Next week the the family and I fly to Cabo for Thanksgiving week, so I'm really looking forward to that again!

As for the kids, my life is absolutely nuts with their schedules. The oldest is in basketball and choir, and even made all region choir. The youngest made his 7th grade basketball team at school and has practice at 6:30am pretty much every day, and also plays select soccer so he has practice Monday through Friday between 1 to 2 hours a night depending on the day then games on the weekends... I work and taxi my boys around to their shit. So yeah, I'm really looking forward to next week when I can have dinner at The Office on the beach and drink margaritas till I pass out.
          I feel this 100%, stressed about layoffs at work, kids are keeping me busy AF. Football, drill team, student council, band, band again, UIL x2, karting league, non stop busy!
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post

I feel this 100%, stressed about layoffs at work, kids are keeping me busy AF. Football, drill team, student council, band, band again, UIL x2, karting league, non stop busy!
            Hang in there man, it'll get better, pulling for you on the work thing though.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post

my wife has survived 4 rounds of layoffs. I jumped ship a little over a year ago. we both worked for the same place. economy hit her work first. it's finally starting to hurt us at the new job.

Comment

I miss rallycross and good Mexican restaurants, but I’m happy we moved. Life is less stressful here even with kiddo going to swim, church, plays, etc. I also have a well paying job for as long as I want and the opportunity to get paid more if I want it. Everything is by my house and easy to get to. My commute is king but peaceful mist of the time with a long stretch in a National park.

Comment

Damn, seems like work and no play are making you peeps miserable. I know what ya'll are going to say, oh I wouldn't trade it in for the world.
                  Eh, I've noticed that all the money and time a parent spends making sure the kids have all these extra activities really is a waste of time and money. None of my kids did anything with any of the basketball, track, dance, soccer, football, etc. skills, other than cost and waste money.
                  In the end it seemed like it wasn't even appreciated or mattered in their lives. Maybe some will get a scholarship to a nice school, but these days, GEN Z believe they don't need extra schooling. I guess its better than having teenage couch potato's playing CODXIII or COS play.
                  Work, I was lucky to have my own business and my wife had (sill does) a job in her field, so there was still stress about bills and money, but a lot of that was the trend that I see here, keeping up with what every other kid is doing in the neighborhood.

Now that my kids have moved on with their own lives, my wife and I live a peacfull life, we've made my pretty good decisions with our real estate and have saved up enough money to try and make it for her retirement.
                  I am just about done throwing money at my Cobra, a gear change and maybe some new tires and its my garage queen ready for a ride any time. I'd like to move to Colorado or even Florida, but those places are very expensive to live and commute, so I'll guess I'll just stay here and visit my favorite places.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Damn, seems like work and no play are making you peeps miserable. I know what ya'll are going to say, oh I wouldn't trade it in for the world.
                    Eh, I've noticed that all the money and time a parent spends making sure the kids have all these extra activities really is a waste of time and money. None of my kids did anything with any of the basketball, track, dance, soccer, football, etc. skills, other than cost and waste money.
                    In the end it seemed like it wasn't even appreciated or mattered in their lives. Maybe some will get a scholarship to a nice school, but these days, GEN Z believe they don't need extra schooling. I guess its better than having teenage couch potato's playing CODXIII or COS play.
                    Work, I was lucky to have my own business and my wife had (sill does) a job in her field, so there was still stress about bills and money, but a lot of that was the trend that I see here, keeping up with what every other kid is doing in the neighborhood.

Now that my kids have moved on with their own lives, my wife and I live a peaceful life, we've made my pretty good decisions with our real estate and have saved up enough money to try and make it for her retirement.
                    I am just about done throwing money at my Cobra, a gear change and maybe some new tires and its my garage queen ready for a ride any time. I'd like to move to Colorado or even Florida, but those places are very expensive to live and commute, so I'll guess I'll just stay here and visit my favorite places.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

At this point I am just trying not to get fired before I can retire got 2.5 years till I am eligible. Already have been suspended for a minor mistake.

Need to sell some cars and give myself some cushion in case I do get canned. Still teaching (working two jobs) trying to make a difference in someones life.

No kids but taking care of four senior dogs all with medical issues plus my own medical issues.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                        I miss rallycross and good Mexican restaurants, but I’m happy we moved. Life is less stressful here even with kiddo going to swim, church, plays, etc. I also have a well paying job for as long as I want and the opportunity to get paid more if I want it. Everything is by my house and easy to get to. My commute is king but peaceful mist of the time with a long stretch in a National park.
                        Where'd you move to?

I have a feeling I'm gonna look like an ass because I have a vagueish memory of a member here moving to the PNW, just can't recall who atm. I'm old

Comment

Originally posted by txstangnut View Post
                          At this point I am just trying not to get fired before I can retire got 2.5 years till I am eligible. Already have been suspended for a minor mistake.

Need to sell some cars and give myself some cushion in case I do get canned. Still teaching (working two jobs) trying to make a difference in someones life.

No kids but taking care of four senior dogs all with medical issues plus my own medical issues.
                          I feel ya there. When I moved to a small town with 4-5 years to go until retirement I was sweating it a couple of times. Now my small town is trying to become the next Grand Prairie and they are threatening to make me "The Man". Never was a goal for me and I have threatened to retire more then a few times. I guess we will see how it goes but at least I know they still like me!

No kids, and I laugh at the money and time spent on sports, band, etc, but maybe we are looking at that wrong. None of us will probably ever realize the structure our extra activities may have ingrained into us, good or bad.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            I would not say I'm miserable at all! My youngest kid who is the most active in sports is actually really good at it. To the point where I now feel kinda shitty for not letting him pursue it earlier in life when he said he wanted to cause I didn't think of myself as a soccer dad... and the wife hated the idea of being a soccer mom. Sure it's not cheap, but if it makes him happy and he's good at it and wants to do it I'll pay for it, I don't see it as a waste of money if it makes him happy.

Stevo

Comment

Being retired for the past couple of years has so far been great. Being in decent health is a big plus. I only miss the times of actually owning a Mustang along with some earlier classic Fords.

Comment

Working...
                              X