Ftp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ftp!

22 years, 20 something awards, zero internal affairs investigations, Interim Chief, 16th safest city in Texas, Officer of the Year two weeks ago on a Friday, retired on that Monday, and today was my last day. Out on top bitches!

After 7.5 years of being on call 24/7 running the show I decided it was time. I think all my people are in shock but it was time for a break. Going to take a year off I think and go where the wind blows me. I coulddddddd probably retire.....but I am not built like that. At least with my little pension and a small drop I can try some things I have always wanted to try. I might sell cars, go back into retail, work for public works, who knows, and if all that fails the shortage of cops in Texas is brutal, so I can come out of retirement, just not traditional policing.
    Whos your Daddy?

Congrats!!
    Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

welcome to the other side of the law, hookers and blow are in the back room, help yourself to some automatic weapons and street races.

Comment

What department did you work for? I don't remember..

Comment

4bangen,

They have made the oldest profession felonious now for the males!

Fast,

I did just over 10 in Lancaster, about 4 in Red Oak before the shit show happened, then 8 in Venus. They are talking about 10x the population in 5 years, toll road coming thru, man I was just ready to get out. I worried going down there I had like 6 years until I could retire but me and that whole town got along really well. Hell we went thru 6 or 7 city administrators, like 5 public works directors, but somehow we stayed in their good graces. ​
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Awesome. Congrats on the retirement!

Comment

Congratulations! You should start a cult! Or join a bowling league.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                Congratulations! You should start a cult! Or join a bowling league.
                hahaha

Comment

I have had some funny conversations with folks the last several days. Generally it's sales in LE related fields and they immediately start going down the " hey ever thought about working here" path. I told one of them today, what part of taking some time off don't you get.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Well, Congrats. I retired early in '13/'14, it was weird at first, I always felt like I was late or forgetting to go somewhere. Then I tried driving for a while, that was cool. Made some money, but then I got back in that mode of making money.
                    Eh, I guess it was more to do something then chilling, but to tell you the truth, there is always something to do at the house, always taking care of things the way, they need to be addressed. I have a small fleet of cars, and there's always something to take care of with those vehicles.

I also tried selling cars, but I'm too honest and don't have that "used car salesman" mentality and always spent too much bring the cars back to my level of "right". I seemed to always break even.
                    Anyway, good luck to ya and take it easy... 'H'
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                    X