Debt Free!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Free!!!

Some of you may have already noticed on my facebook, but, I don't even know how to begin - I've finally made it to bieng 'debt free'. (not including house and car - yet).

yes, I know it's not 'absolutely' debt free, but it's a hell of a start for me. The truck is 0% and the house is a pretty damn low rate.

No credit cards, no loans, no nothing outside of standard living expenses. I can tell you this, the last payment was quite a big payment - but the peace of mind of not owing anything to credit cards is a fantastic feeling.

Sorry, just had to celebrate. carry on.

Sweet, now that you've got plenty of room on the c.c. you can buy me an AMS1000?

Comment

Congrats man. Great feeling, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Congrats man. Great feeling, isn't it?
        Man, I just don't know where to start. it's like bieng a kid all over again is all I can relate it to.

Comment

Good job man! Getting older ain't so bad.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Tdd approved.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I can't wait to get some credit card debt off the books. Chipping away at it but it is slowly going away.

I can't wait to feel the same way man.

Comment

Worth celebrating. Feels good, doesn't it? Work on making that car note disappear next.

Comment

I should be in the same boat as you by the end of march.. congrats! I have no car payments though
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

About $1500 away from that point myself. Lots of work, but I have to agree, seeing that difference in available income versus what was going to creditors is mighty nice.

Comment

It is great! ONLY thing I owe on is my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                        Worth celebrating. Feels good, doesn't it? Work on making that car note disappear next.
                        Zero interest, zero worries.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Thanks guys, I can walk around with a smile now and not constantly dwell on getting screwed on rates. (Even though, one card was 0%).

I'm not overly concerned about the truck payment, it's only 300$ and I pay quite a bit extra every month, and it's 0% - which will not change.

My credit is still uber jacked because of bieng tied to a mortgage via a divorce. it's the ONLY thing that's negative on my bureau.

Comment

Good job, now swing the needle the other way and start stacking up the money.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              Good job, now swing the needle the other way and start stacking up the money.
                              [denny]Why? In a few months it won't be worth the mattress you stuff it in.[denny]

Comment

Working...
                              X