Who has FIREWOOD???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has FIREWOOD???

I seen a post a few weeks back about this. Who has a good deal on firewood that is fairly close? I live in Saginaw.

Trees.

Comment

huh, huh you said wood

Comment

Originally posted by kidcapri View Post
        I seen a post a few weeks back about this. Who has a good deal on firewood that is fairly close? I live in Saginaw.
        you seen? It be over dere.

Comment

That is why I asked for a chainsaw for Xmas. I just go to new neighborhoods where the bull doze trees down and cut up just enough to do me.

I can't see paying money to burn something. But paying money for somethign that will pay for itself over time, I am good with.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
            That is why I asked for a chainsaw for Xmas. I just go to new neighborhoods where the bull doze trees down and cut up just enough to do me.

I can't see paying money to burn something. But paying money for somethign that will pay for itself over time, I am good with.

This... It really does not take that long to go cut some tree's up and split them with a wood splitter. A few hours worth of work could supply a winters worth or firewood.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              This... It really does not take that long to go cut some tree's up and split them with a wood splitter. A few hours worth of work could supply a winters worth or firewood.
              Not to mention playing with an 18" chain saw relieves stress too.

Comment

I haz wood.
                Originally posted by talisman
                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                Originally posted by AdamLX
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Because fuck you, that's why
                Originally posted by 80coupe
                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Grim Reaper from the old site use to, but I'm not sure if he still does it.

Edit: He does. Here is his webpage: http://www.mrfirewood.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                    The problem is finding a place to legally cut the trees down in order to do it yourself. Not everyone has their own property or a friendly neighbor that will just let them knock down trees any time they please.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                      The problem is finding a place to legally cut the trees down in order to do it yourself. Not everyone has their own property or a friendly neighbor that will just let them knock down trees any time they please.
                      New housing addition in a wooded area will net you a few bulldozed trees. That is what I have been doing. Not saying it's legal, but they are just going to shred/chip or burn it anyway. I figure I am doing them a favor by hauling it off. I will take the chain saw and cut a few limbs approx 6-8" dia x 6-7 feet long, put them in the truck and take them home to cut up. Don't do it for commercial purposes, only personal use.

I don't cut live trees down just for the record.
                      Last edited by SSMAN; 12-12-2010, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                        Not saying it's legal, but they are just going to shred/chip or burn it anyway.
                        That's not entirely true. My first job was working for an excavator, and they used the trees to sell firewood. We cut the trees onsite, my job was loading the skid loader with firewood and unloading to the trailer. I even made side money by helping deliver it on the weekends. It may be free to you, but it's at someone else's expense for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                          That's not entirely true. My first job was working for an excavator, and they used the trees to sell firewood. We cut the trees onsite, my job was loading the skid loader with firewood and unloading to the trailer. I even made side money by helping deliver it on the weekends. It may be free to you, but it's at someone else's expense for sure.
                          You maybe right. But they must be hauling them off in big chunks or whole trees. I never heard any chainsaws going on there and out of about 50 plus trees they are all gone except for 2 stragglers that have been laying on the ground there for over a month. Not very big trees either.

Comment

look for wood on curbs after a big storm and get all the free firewood you want

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                              look for wood on curbs after a big storm and get all the free firewood you want
                              Who wants green wood?

Comment

Working...
                              X