Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recourse for prior employer who wont pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recourse for prior employer who wont pay?

What recourse does a person have when a previous employer fails to payan employee no longer with the company? Two days before my last day I turned in two expense reports. Left on good terms, but its been 66 days now and still no money. It isn't a lot but it is close to $900. I've called them 13 times, and sent two emails to no avail. What recourse do i have if any?

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
    What recourse does a person have when a previous employer fails to payan employee no longer with the company? Two days before my last day I turned in two expense reports. Left on good terms, but its been 66 days now and still no money. It isn't a lot but it is close to $900. I've called them 13 times, and sent two emails to no avail. What recourse do i have if any?
    Who are you calling exactly? Is this a small company or large corporation?
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

You call the labor board. Well I threatened to call and the company paid me promptly. This was in 2002 though.

Comment

you should have filed with the labor board the first week. 45 days is the limit they will take
        first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
          Who are you calling exactly? Is this a small company or large corporation?
          Company is Sanjel. I've talked with HR and accounts payable and they all said they would check into it and call me back. That was two weeks ago. I've been understanding but now its getting irritating.

Comment

Had an employer do that to me for a "company paid" cell phone while I was working on a deployment project.

This was in the days before "unlimited minutes" and I spent 3 months tied to the fucking cell phone....

Get laid off right before the completion of the project and stuck with a $400 cell phone bill.

Fuckers....

Comment

Yea this is for two weeks of per diem, so its not my wages but still money owed.

Comment

Sounds like it's time to make a trip up there in person !!
                Vortex rear stand $75
                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                11 4 door
                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I'm going through this right now with my profit sharing account. Mine is a significantly larger amount and I'm trying to decide which route to take (legal). I left 100% vested and they wont respond to anything.
                  2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
                  2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

Originally posted by BigTitan21 View Post
                    I'm going through this right now with my profit sharing account. Mine is a significantly larger amount and I'm trying to decide which route to take (legal). I left 100% vested and they wont respond to anything.
                    What options do we have if we choose the legal route? I'd assume retaining an attorney would eat my amount I a couple of billed hours.

Comment

"texas payday law". The state will fuck them up. Happened when I worked at the Baylor Bookstore. They got me my last check quick as hell once I called the state.
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I sent a certified letter to the CEO wtih 10 business days to pay me and had court documentation filled out with the court, judge, etc included in the package along with amount in question which I padded a little for my extra time. I'll be damned in if on the 10th business day I received a call and a manager brought it to me at work in person. F them! I later learned that lots of people had been screwed over and were too lazy to pursue any legal options. The company went under and they went unpaid.

Comment

The labor board? Who the fuck is that?

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                            "texas payday law". The state will fuck them up. Happened when I worked at the Baylor Bookstore. They got me my last check quick as hell once I called the state.
                            Doesn't apply to expense accounts, but this is good info and could help me in my situation.

thanks

" Expense reimbursements, gratuities, gifts and the like are not considered wages and are not covered by the Texas Payday Law. "
                            Ded

Comment

For per diem I wouldn't hire a lawyer especially what Vader quoted - that's just me. I would however treat it just like being a pissed off customer filing a complaint. I would call, ask to speak with someone and tell them I want to speak to a manager/ not disconnecting until we get this resolved and/or I get an answer.
                              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
                              X