This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    What? There's no law against an idiot driving (unfortunately), but if you're driving wrecklessly, well we have something else, now, don't we?
    I mean acting drunk/intoxicated.

Comment

So, why would he add another step in the equation, especially after you admitted you had some drinks?
      So are you insinuating that he should have lied to the officer? Why do that if you are trying to be respectful and cooperative?

Last time I checked, its not illegal to be drunk as a passenger in a car.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
        I mean acting drunk/intoxicated.
        You mean like incapable of properly operating a motor vehicle on a public highway in a safe manner?

Comment

LOL, I guess. Where the fuck is Matt? This is the type of shit he lives for. I'm just giving an honest point of view from the officer's standpoint.
          I know. It's not you that I have a problem with. It's the "cop mentality" that I have a problem with. Not your cop mentality, just cop mentality in general.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            If youre allowed to drive with .08 bac, then one would assume it would be ok to walk the streets, lol.
            Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
            My point exactly!!!

Start reading chapter 49 of the penal code.

"Intoxicated" means:

(A) not having the normal use of mental or physical faculties by reason of the introduction of alcohol, a controlled substance, a drug, a dangerous drug, a combination of two or more of those substances, or any other substance into the body; or
            (B) having an alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              So are you insinuating that he should have lied to the officer? Why do that if you are trying to be respectful and cooperative?

Last time I checked, its not illegal to be drunk as a passenger in a car.
              Not at all. I'm sure the officer knew.

He became a liability once the officer took the driver into custody and impounded the vehicle, thus publically intoxicated. Have you not been reading any of this?

Comment

You mean like incapable of properly operating a motor vehicle on a public highway in a safe manner?
                I think he meant more defiant, argumentative, etc.

Comment

So, why would he add another step in the equation, especially after you admitted you had some drinks?
                  Ok but my point is it's not illegal to go out to a bar and have drinks. I did nothing wrong and if you support this kind of action taken by this police officer, , I have been in trouble before, but this is complete BS. It's all said and done with now, but I want to arm myself with the right information so if for osme reason I ever find myself in this situtation, I will know how to avoid being taken to jail for no reason.
                  Wanna see my care face???

Comment

No, I mean someone getting pulled over for something besides driving in an unsafe manner, being within the legal limit, yet slurring, etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      Not at all. I'm sure the officer knew.

He became a liability once the officer took the driver into custody and impounded the vehicle, thus publically intoxicated. Have you not been reading any of this?
                      Of course I have. Its one thing when a passenger is fall down drunk. It's another when said passenger has had a couple drinks, but is fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        I know. It's not you that I have a problem with. It's the "cop mentality" that I have a problem with. Not your cop mentality, just cop mentality in general.
                        Trust me. There is a lot to be refined, but it is too big for me at any level position I've held. It's more about personality, rather than what is written into law.

Unfortunately, I would never be able to hold an official position to make some necessary changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
                          There is no BAC for public intox, it's all up to the officer=loop hole in the system!
                          That's because they're not looking strictly for alcohol.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                            No, I mean someone getting pulled over for something besides driving in an unsafe manner, being within the legal limit, yet slurring, etc...
                            The "legal limit" that you have in your mind is the .08 bac. You can be intoxicated without being .08.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
                              Ok but my point is it's not illegal to go out to a bar and have drinks. I did nothing wrong and if you support this kind of action taken by this police officer, , I have been in trouble before, but this is complete BS. It's all said and done with now, but I want to arm myself with the right information so if for osme reason I ever find myself in this situtation, I will know how to avoid being taken to jail for no reason.
                              Tell me to fuck off all you want. You're the one that got in the car with a drunk behind the wheel. You're the one that didn't try to stop your "buddy" from fucking up. Once again, tell me to fuck off all you want. You asked a question and I gave you an honest, legal answer that will hold merit in ANY court of law. If you didn't want to hear it, then why even post? Just want attention? Pitty?

BTW, have a nice day.

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                                The "legal limit" that you have in your mind is the .08 bac. You can be intoxicated without being .08.
                                It's that whole "or" thing written in there that most don't catch on to.

Comment

Working...
                                X