Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This happened to my roommate, sort of. He thought it was a good idea to pass out behind a bar in his car and sleep it off. Well, Mr. Police Officer shows up and some how didn't arrest him but let him call me to pick him up.....
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      officer discretion above written law. nice
      Exercising good discretion is an absolute must to properly execute the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
        officer discretion above written law. nice
        It is written law:

"Intoxicated" means:

(A) not having the normal use of mental or physical faculties by reason of the introduction of alcohol, a controlled substance, a drug, a dangerous drug, a combination of two or more of those substances, or any other substance into the body; or
        (B) having an alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more.

I just want to point out again that I'm no longer a police officer. I own a bar and I don't want my patrons to get arrested for DWI or PI after they leave my bar. I try to give all of them the best advice possible and have often paid for cab rides home just so I don't have to worry about their safety. I have a pretty good grasp of both sides of the fence on this issue.

Comment

• Why were you originally pulled over?
          I build websites. PM me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
            My whole point is if I had been drinking isn't it the more responsible thing to do by not getting behind the wheel? What's your real reason for not being on the force anymore?
            I land in DFW at 1415hrs on the 19th if you really want to know.

Comment

What's your real reason for not being on the force anymore?
              They still have Dont Ask Dont Tell in LE. When he told, he got fired for "Conduct unbecoming of Elitists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                Does that mean your offering to take me out for drinks to explain?
                Wanna see my care face???

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                  It is written law:

"Intoxicated" means:

(A) not having the normal use of mental or physical faculties by reason of the introduction of alcohol, a controlled substance, a drug, a dangerous drug, a combination of two or more of those substances, or any other substance into the body; or
                  By reason, no proof. Shitty that civilians have to rely on the reason of a stranger. If i was arrested for DWI, but blew under the legal limit, that charge would be dropped with a quickness.

Comment

• Could the cop have been cool, and allowed you to wait for a ride? yes

Does he have to? no

Should he have taken you in for a PI? probably not

Does he have the right to? yes

Did you know better than to ride with someone who was drunk? yes

Does it make you a bad person because you did? not so much

Should you just pay the ticket and let it go? probably, it's just a fine

Do you know better than to ride with a drunk friend now? I hope so

Comment

This means he wants to go on a date with you, Blake. Run, run far away.

Comment

Does that mean your offering to take me out for drinks to explain?
                        Whatever you need to understand my point. I will even be your designated driver. I already posted my reasoning and you've seen how I can explain myself. Believe it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                          It is written law:

"Intoxicated" means:

I just want to point out again that I'm no longer a police officer. I own a bar and I don't want my patrons to get arrested for DWI or PI after they leave my bar. I try to give all of them the best advice possible and have often paid for cab rides home just so I don't have to worry about their safety. I have a pretty good grasp of both sides of the fence on this issue.
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          By reason, no proof. Shitty that civilians have to rely on the reason of a stranger. If i was arrested for DWI, but blew under the legal limit, that charge would be dropped with a quickness.
                          The way the term reason is used in the definition is regarding the introduction of substances. The "not having the normal use of mental or physical faculties" part is where the officer determines if a person is intoxicated.

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                            This means he wants to go on a date with you, Blake. Run, run far away.
                            You won't play "emergency responders" with me anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              Could the cop have been cool, and allowed you to wait for a ride? yes

Does he have to? no

Should he have taken you in for a PI? probably not

Does he have the right to? yes

Did you know better than to ride with someone who was drunk? yes

Does it make you a bad person because you did? not so much

Should you just pay the ticket and let it go? probably, it's just a fine

Do you know better than to ride with a drunk friend now? I hope so

calm the fuck down Dr. Phil

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Whatever you need to understand my point. I will even be your designated driver. I already posted my reasoning and you've seen how I can explain myself. Believe it or not.
                                I understand the point you're trying to make, but I don't set it justifiable to take someone to jail who is not intoxicated! I know when and if I'm drunk, someone who has never met more, I don't think they could judge that as well as myself can.
                                Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Working...
                                X