Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Zimmerman is charged with 2nd degree murder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    It sure seems that the judge is tilting the scales in the prosecution's favor.

I've never seen such a one-sided bench.
    Yup!

Comment

• Just to be fair: Seems the new chief of police of Sanford PD agrees with vets that it's inappropriate for his officers to be wearing ribbons they didn't earn. Good on him.

UPDATE:

Thanks to Ken B for pointing out that the lower far left ribbon is the Philippine Independence ribbon.

The Philippine Independence Medal is a military award of the Republic of the Philippines which was created by order of the Philippine Army Headquarters on July 3, 1946. The Philippine Independence Medal was created to recognize those members of the military who had participated in multiple Philippine military operations during the years of the Second World War.

To be awarded the Philippine Independence Medal, a service member must have previously received both the Philippine Defense Medal and the Philippine Liberation Medal. The award criteria effectively awarded the medal to anyone who had participated in both the initial resistance against Japanese invasion and also in the campaigns to liberate the Philippines from Japanese occupation in 1945. A famous recipient was General of the Army Douglas MacArthur. The service member must have also served on active duty in the Philippines after July 4, 1946.

The Philippine Independence Medal was originally awarded as a ribbon, and it was not until 1968 that a full-sized medal was authorized by President Ferdinand Marcos. The Philippine Independence Medal was also authorized for award to foreign militaries, with a number of retroactive awards presented between 1945 and 1948.

Thanks to Adam for pointing out the top center ribbon is the Selective Marine Corps Reserve Medal.

Authorization. The Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal was established by a SECNAV directive of 19 February 1939.

Eligibility Requirements. Awarded to members of the Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) who, effective 1 January 1996, fulfilled designated service requirements within any three-year period of service in the Organized Marine Corps Reserve. For the period 1 July 1925 through 31 December 1995, inclusive, a four-year period of service is required.

UPDATE:20130703

We have spoken to the Chief of the Sanford PD concerning the use of Military ribbons. He is in agreement with everyone, and is in the process of changing policies as he just recently took over. Here is his response to our inquiry:

“I have received a number of emails regarding the wearing of Military ribbons by members of the Sanford Police Department. The ribbons were allowed to be worn on the dress uniforms of the officers during special occasions to include court appearances. The military ribbons were re-purposed for use within the Sanford Police Department. It appears that there may have been a misinterpretation of the law. It was determined 10-15 years ago that using the ribbons in question would be appropriate by the Administration at that time. As a retired member of the Air Force and Illinois Air National Guard with 25 plus years of service, I have questioned the wearing of the ribbons. I agree with many of you that the wearing of many of these ribbons, unless earned is inappropriate. I believe that it was an unfortunate situation which has been “corrected”.

Some have questioned the integrity, character, accountability and professionalism of the Officers because of the ribbons being worn. Please note, that many of the officers within the department are “Vets” and some of the ribbons were earned during their military service and other because of their service within the Sanford Police Department. Again, these “were” the policies of the police department and should not reflect on the abilities of the officers who were wearing the ribbons.

As the new Police Chief, I’m sure you can imagine that there are several policies and procedures which are being reviewed including the awards and uniform guidelines. I would compare this to a new PCS, Deployment or Change of Command. I can assure you that going forward changes are being made to the ribbon structure. The purchase of new ribbons and the reconfiguring of the commendation/awards system began yesterday. The new design and selection will fit the needs of the Sanford Police Department. I would ask that you share the above information with others.

Please note that “NO” disrespect to any member of the Armed Forces past or present was ever intended by the wearing of the ribbons. Please accept my sincere apologies for any confusion on behalf of the Sanford Police Department.

It has and will continue to our goal to pay our respect to those who have served or are serving our great country.

Sincerely,

Cecil E. Smith

Chief of Police”

We would like to thank the Chief for his response, as well as his service to the country. And we appreciate his understanding of the situation.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• No one gives a fuck frost.
        No.
        One.
        Gives.
        A.
        Fuck.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          No one gives a fuck frost.
          No.
          One.
          Gives.
          A.
          Fuck.
          So stop reading his post. You posting this childish shit is worst than seeing all the FTP threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            So stop reading his post. You posting this childish shit is worst than seeing all the FTP threads.
            No one near as bad, but nice try.
            sigpic

Comment

No.
              One.
              Gives.
              A.
              Fuck.
              Let me see, Frost went and found a legitimate link to a letter/statement from the Sanford PD Chief. It coincided with what he and many others said earlier. Now go find something to the contrary or STFU!

Comment

• Bunch of slack jawed faggots in here.
                More concerned about a departments ignorant use over a medal than the fact that the black community had the voice to bring to trial this retarded excuse for justice.

You people are the problem. Concerned with the shit that doesn't matter, ignoring the real, larger problems.
                sigpic

Comment

Bunch of slack jawed faggots in here.
                  More concerned about a departments ignorant use over a medal than the fact that the black community had the voice to bring to trial this retarded excuse for justice.

You people are the problem. Concerned with the shit that doesn't matter, ignoring the real, larger problems.
                  Another Nancy about to freak out? You sound like the toughest bitch on the block. The other 99% of the thread is about the trial being a farce. You complain more than any two bitches I know.

Comment

Actually it does matter. The police department was parading medals they did not merit which damages credibility. The fact that they refused to charge Z until an outside agency forced them to kind of makes up for it a bit but it does taint every testimony every one of those officers give both locally and nationally. Blacks are going to riot either way this goes because .... well they've been brainwashed for generations to view everything racially and attack when commanded. Sharpton and Jackson will be screaming on conviction or acquittal about racial injustice and hatred and Florida will burn as will portions of the country.

Did I about sum it up?

Comment

No.
                      One.
                      Gives.
                      A.
                      Fuck.
                      Seems that you do, that's why you took time to comment

Comment

• You people will whine, bitch, and cry about any fucking thing. Jesus tap dancing christ
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          You people will whine, bitch, and cry about any fucking thing. Jesus tap dancing christ
                          welcome to the internets.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            You people will whine, bitch, and cry about any fucking thing. Jesus tap dancing christ
                            Uh... you were the one who was so butt hurt about a welched bet you posted up some dude's address, no?

Comment

+1

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• Trayvon's mom flat out refused to answer a question that the defense asked.

The judge, by omission, did not instruct the witness to answer...

This is sooooo skewed.....

Comment

Working...
                                X