Who collects watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
    Since you mention it, here's my early Valentine's Day present from Tanya. Chooga chooga.

Solid piece and a nice size. Looks great on you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
      Solid piece and a nice size. Looks great on you!
      Thanks Roscoe. I've been wanting a steel band for a while now, but with paying for a ring, honeymoon, house, and move this year, I wasn't about to spend any money on myself. She knows this, thus the gift.

I'm not a fan of gold usually, but the rose gold and blue face really compliment each other. I'll get a "big boy" watch like you fellas some day, but this'll tide me over for now.

Comment

• Mmmmmmmm, Tanya...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Since you mention it, here's my early Valentine's Day present from Tanya. Chooga chooga.
          That's a good looking watch, sir.

Comment

• Can a used rolex 40mm or bigger be had for around 4500?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
              Can a used rolex 40mm or bigger be had for around 4500?
              Possibly, depending upon condition. It'd be a submariner no date most likely...

Comment

• I just can't bring my self to pay that much for a watch.
                Now a KB blower for the 5.0, now I might be able to find that in my coin stash...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                  Possibly, depending upon condition. It'd be a submariner no date most likely...

lol god damn, Im over here squirming about spending 4500 and you guys buying shit left and right. This is the thread of the real ballers of dfwm.

Im not totally stuck on a rolex, been looking at bell and ross, montblanc, so on.

BTW you sell your cartier?

Comment

• Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                    Well, damn. I have no self control, but I'm fuckin happy....

thats big time

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                      lol god damn, Im over here squirming about spending 4500 and you guys buying shit left and right. This is the thread of the real ballers of dfwm.

Im not totally stuck on a rolex, been looking at bell and ross, montblanc, so on.

BTW you sell your cartier?
                      Yeah, sold the Cartier a few weeks ago to fund part of the PAM.

I don't care for Bell & Ross in the least, if you ever try one on you'll see how cheap they feel.

There are lots of great watches out there that don't cost $5K+. I'd recommend looking at IWC. You can pick up quite a few different models for $2k-$5k with ease. In Switzerland, the locals don't wear Rolex, IWC is the preferred brand. And since they redesigned their collection a few months ago, things might be even cheaper.

If you're hell bent on a Rolex, a newer one will run you on average $6-8K. You can pick up probably most anything you desire, without getting into precious metals, or a Daytona.

If you are looking to stay at $5k or under range, it'd either be a 20yr old Sub no date, a 39mm Explorer I, or another watch that is in poor condition, requiring service and repair. You could also pick up either a black or white faced Milgauss for very low $5's, or even high $4's if you find someone desperate enough.

I'd also suggest you looking at Tudor, which is part of the Rolex family. You can get the new Black Bay for $3k which is pretty nice.

Comment

• I don't even know why I post, Roscoe has it covered. lol.

I second the dislike for Bell&Ross; I'd rather wear a seiko.

IWC is tasty, I picked up my Mark XVII for a little under 5k NIB.
                        Keep this in mind, if it isn't a Rolex, you can haggle the price a bit, even when buying brand new.

For sub 5k, look at new IWC, new TAG, new Omega, used Breitling, new Cartier. Tons to choose from. Plus, I'll sell you that milgauss for 5k.

Comment

• I didnt know you could get a IWC that cheap. I really like those a lot

sucks about the bell ross, been looking at them on the net, and really liked them.

thanks guys. super helpful

Comment

• Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                            I don't even know why I post, Roscoe has it covered. lol.

I second the dislike for Bell&Ross; I'd rather wear a seiko.

IWC is tasty, I picked up my Mark XVII for a little under 5k NIB.
                            Keep this in mind, if it isn't a Rolex, you can haggle the price a bit, even when buying brand new.

For sub 5k, look at new IWC, new TAG, new Omega, used Breitling, new Cartier. Tons to choose from. Plus, I'll sell you that milgauss for 5k.
                            Omega has almost doubled in price over the last 2 years. Over that alone, I refuse to buy the same watch now for how much it cost only recently. I sold a 42.5mm PO for $1800 in 2011. You can't find them now for under $3k which is stupid.

Used Brietling, you could find a few good deals as well.

Comment

Here's my gym watch.

Was just scrolling back through this thread... funny.

Comment

• What is yalls opinion of Longines watches? I'm really liking the look of this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X