Who collects watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by momo View Post
    really want sapphire lens but dont like the look nearly as much as the all black. how is the mineral crystal holding up on your core?

No problems. There's one small ding that you can see on the "2" toward the bottom of the number (that little white dot), but other than that it's just fine. I wear it all the damn time - working out, yard work, shooting, etc. I have scratched the bezel near the 12:30 position (on a brick), but I'm not too worried about it.

When you posted I took it off my wrist and snapped this

Comment

• nice. i dig it. i'll probably buy the ambit3 peak black with heart rate.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• I was just thinking about resurrecting this thread.

Picked this up last week. Took it off the leather strap and put it on a nato. Leather just doesn't look right on me.

Comment

• Nice. Let me know if you come across a PAM 112 or possibly a 000. I'm in the market.

I want that to be my next watch (not counting the Suunto, that's a purpose driven watch)
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Nothing fancy, this or my Timex Ironman:

Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• All my pieces are being neglected. Got this on launch day and I haven't changed watches.

Comment

• Speedmaster is on my list of must have watches in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  Nothing fancy, this or my Timex Ironman:

Nice, I've got the Carrera on my short list of next purchases.

Comment

• I collect cheap watches. Mostly I like red line watches. I don't have a very large collection, but absolutely have a love for them.

Comment

• On case size, what do you guys normally go with? Is 47mm a small or large case size?

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        On case size, what do you guys normally go with? Is 47mm a small or large case size?
                        47mm is fucking huge. Standard sizes are 36, 40, and 42. 40 is my preferred.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                          47mm is fucking huge. Standard sizes are 36, 40, and 42. 40 is my preferred.
                          well the current one I have is 41mm and seems small. I don't have huge wrists either.

was looking at this but in a 47 mm case

Comment

• yea a 47mm watch is massive and will probably look ridiculous (and i personally like larger watches!): http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ewShoes002.jpg

i think anything under 40mm looks small unless you have small wrists. 41mm-42mm is my preferred. 44mm is my limit.
                            Last edited by momo; 08-20-2015, 12:26 PM.
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• id go hit up a department store and try a few large watches to see if you are okay with the size.
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Originally posted by momo View Post
                                id go hit up a department store and try a few large watches to see if you are okay with the size.
                                I might do this.

I am trying to get it through my companies rewards program and I really need to see the sizes on my wrist.

Comment

Working...
                                X