No announcement yet.

Who collects watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything over 44 looks ridiculous in my opinion unless your Shaq maybe. I have really small wrist so I stick with 40.

Comment

• This is my latest project, I wanted something cheaper that I wouldn't have to worry about getting banged up.

I started with a nice previously modded Seiko SKX007 Black Bay homage that I picked up on eBay for the same price as a new 007 from Amazon. It already had an aftermarket sapphire crystal, which I was planning on doing anyway, so it was a no brainer.

I opened it up and replaced the dial, hands, chapter ring, bezel, bezel insert, and bracelet. I think it turned out pretty well.

Last edited by txsr20de; 08-20-2015, 02:01 PM.
      2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

• Originally posted by txsr20de View Post
        This is my latest project, I wanted something cheaper that I wouldn't have to worry about getting banged up.

I started with a nice previously modded Seiko SKX007 Black Bay homage that I picked up on eBay for the same price as a new 007 from Amazon. It already had an aftermarket sapphire crystal, which I was planning on doing anyway, so it was a no brainer.
        very nice. That is my next watch purchase. the look great on just about any NATO also.

Comment

• Originally posted by txsr20de View Post
          I opened it up and replaced the dial, hands, chapter ring, bezel, bezel insert, and bracelet. I think it turned out pretty well.
          I like that

Comment

• I'm thinking about getting a Citizen echo-drive similar to this one:

Any feedback? Where's the best place to find deals on these? Any of you have one or something similar for sale?

Comment

• I got a Citizen Ecodrive watch over the holidays as a gift. It's pretty cool; has a sapphire crystal, chronograph with a perpetual calendar & radio control time setting.

I didn't think I'd ever wear a quartz watch again but I've been using it as the daily since the first of the year, meanwhile the Omega has just been spinning away on the winder.

The watch is nice quality with good heft (stainless steel). My only qualms are the band is a bit light and I feel like it's Citizen's attempt to look like a TAG Heuer.

borrowed picture:
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Nice watch Momo. I was looking at that one also. Seems like Ebay is a good source for these watches

Comment

• imo the automic eccho drives are the only ones to get

Comment

• Would you fine gents on a budget recommend

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/BABAN-144Pcs-Holder-Opener-Remover/dp/B013FVAS66/ref=sr_1_8?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1452876401&sr=1-8&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=watch+repair+kit&refi nements=p_36%3A2661612011%2Cp_85%3A2470955011"]http://www.amazon.com/BABAN-144Pcs-Holder-Opener-Remover/dp/B013FVAS66/ref=sr_1_8?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1452876401&sr=1-8&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=watch+repair+kit&refi nements=p_36%3A2661612011%2Cp_85%3A2470955011[/ame]

I have about 5 different watches and my wife has 3 that all need new batteries with different backing plates and I need something not to expensive to do it myself.

Comment

• i have a kit like that. i only use a few of the tools but nice to have the ability to resize a watch band or remove the case back without taking it somewhere.
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                        47mm is fucking huge. Standard sizes are 36, 40, and 42. 40 is my preferred.
                        Originally posted by momo View Post
                        yea a 47mm watch is massive and will probably look ridiculous (and i personally like larger watches!): http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ewShoes002.jpg

i think anything under 40mm looks small unless you have small wrists. 41mm-42mm is my preferred. 44mm is my limit.
                        Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        I might do this.

I am trying to get it through my companies rewards program and I really need to see the sizes on my wrist.
                        I have a Diesel Bog Daddy that is ~56mm and looks awesome. It's big, but not too horrendously big.

Mind you I'm not a small man, but it looks ok. Most of my watches are in the mid to upper 40mm range and look good.

Just go try a few on and see what works.
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
                          Would you fine gents on a budget recommend
                          Go to Canal St. in NY and get whatever you want for foty dolla.

Comment

• bump
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                              Anything over 44 looks ridiculous in my opinion unless your Shaq maybe. I have really small wrist so I stick with 40.
                              Just saw this. Really think so?

I have a present to myself picked out for when I finish school at the end of the year and its a 46. I tried on the 42 version of it and it looked dainty and like shit (IMO).

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                Just saw this. Really think so?

I have a present to myself picked out for when I finish school at the end of the year and its a 46. I tried on the 42 version of it and it looked dainty and like shit (IMO).

Originally posted by slow99 View Post

Do you have gorilla wrists? I'm pretty sure that's a 41 mm on me, I wouldn't want to go much larger - eh, to each his own.
                                Originally posted by davbrucas
                                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                                X