Who collects watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    Do you have gorilla wrists? I'm pretty sure that's a 41 mm on me, I wouldn't want to go much larger - eh, to each his own.
    I might...?

Maybe it has to do with the watch itself?
    I tried on a 42 of what I want a few weeks ago and my wife agreed that it just didn't look right.
    I have a 41mm and it's ok, but maybe a bit small; I have a 43 and it looks ok, but I also love my Suunto Core and that's like 49.x
    I actually have one 39.5 and now I think it's way too small, so maybe that's why I want to err on the high side.

Let me finish the reading I was doing and maybe I'll post some pics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      I might...

Maybe it has to do with the watch itself?
      Perhaps. Fwiw, that watch above was my gift to myself when I accepted a job offer after grad school as well.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• I had to go measure the old timex 35mm case. Small by today's standards. I'm looking for simple and under 400.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          Just saw this. Really think so?

I have a present to myself picked out for when I finish school at the end of the year and its a 46. I tried on the 42 version of it and it looked dainty and like shit (IMO).
          It's funny you quoted this, I was at the DSC show a couple weeks ago and tried on a watch that measured 33x55mm for the hell of it, made my 40mm look like a childs watch. The guy said he was custom making one for Schwarzenegger. I guess when I think of a 46 I envision one those ridiculous Michael Khors type, I'm sure a watch done right in a 46 like a planet ocean which I think is 45 will look fine.

The one I tried on.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            Perhaps. Fwiw, that watch above was my gift to myself when I accepted a job offer after grad school as well.
            Crazy how that works. I've been telling my colleagues that my first purchase/gift to myself will be a nice watch, preferably a Tag.

I recall when I was a kid that my dad had just been promoted to a VP position and rewarded himself with a Tag, that became a personal goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              Crazy how that works. I've been telling my colleagues that my first purchase/gift to myself will be a nice watch, preferably a Tag.

I recall when I was a kid that my dad had just been promoted to a VP position and rewarded himself with a Tag, that became a personal goal.
              still waiting on the old man to come through with his Rolex purchase since I finished the MBA. This was his choice of gift since I paid for my own school

Comment

• Can someone tell me a value on this rolex? Supposedly it's new

[IMG][/IMG]
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                  Can someone tell me a value on this rolex? Supposedly it's new

[IMG][/IMG]
                  $0

That's fake as fuck

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    $0

That's fake as fuck
                    Thanks. Its on OfferUp for $200.
                    I know nothing about watches but was curious.

How can you tell btw?
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• I'm not a Rolex guy, but the date number looks misaligned and it appears DATEJUST is misspelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                        Thanks. Its on OfferUp for $200.
                        I know nothing about watches but was curious.

How can you tell btw?
                        A number of reasons but that's a really bad fake.

Comment

• Thanks for the reminder. 21 weeks until I get my present! lol **puts gun to head and sobs**

Comment

• I'm happy. I just did a search of this thread and in 50 pages of posting no one has the same brand of watch I'm wearing right now. It's just quartz though, but nice. I will be getting an automatic from the same watch maker for Christmas most likely. Its nice never seeing someone wearing your watch.

Comment

• Looks like a DateJust and Submariner had an illegitimate offspring.

Surely you jest, but here's a real one for reference, There's no "I" in Just, and the black ring and hands are all wrong for starters. It's almost like they wanted you to be certain that it's a fake from 10' away.

Comment

• Looks like an Invicta with a fake Rolex face installed. I bought an Invicta once..... if I do it again, shame on me.

Comment

Working...
                                X