No announcement yet.

Who collects watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Friday, Miyako and I had our 21st anniversary. We decided it would be cool to get his and hers watches. We may go for matching pieces but that limits our choices a bit. Here is what we're looking at for the moment.

Longines HydroConquest Quartz 34mm Ladies Watch
    Longines HydroConquest Quartz 41mm Mens Watch

If we go for different designs, I'm looking at the following:
    Tag Heuer Formula 1 Chronograph Black Dial Stainless Steel Men's Watch
    Formula 1 Chronograph Mens Watch 43MM
    Longines HydroConquest Automatic Chronograph 41mm Mens Watch

This here is my GrandPa's pocket watch. It's currently the only one I own. It's a Benrus that was given to him back in 1937 when he graduated high school.

Comment

• Everytime this thread gets bumped my wallet starts to tremble in fear.
      2012 GT500

Comment

• I've been wanting a Resco pretty bad lately
        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
          Thanks. Its on OfferUp for $200.
          I know nothing about watches but was curious.

How can you tell btw?
          $200 should have been your first clue

Comment

• image.jpg

Wife picked this up for me for our anniversary.

Tudor Chrono Heritage Blue
            Last edited by lowfast; 09-05-2016, 01:12 PM.
            1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
            TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
            Work In Progress

Comment

• I keep telling myself that when I graduate in December I'm getting that present I've wanted for quite a while now... but then I think about it more and just feel guiltly lol. I know no matter how much I protest my wife will end up buying it for me though, so I'll check in here at the end of the year with a picture.

I didn't read this last page earlier, but catching up now this made me laugh out loud
              Originally posted by Big A
              There's no "I" in Just

Comment

• I got my new watch in today. I dig it.

Comment

• Very nice, I love my hydroconquest, longines is a very good value watch in my opinion.

Comment

• This may have been mentioned but are there any legit websites that sells authentic at a discount. I've been really eyeballing the Tag Carrera 01.
                    Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

• Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                      This may have been mentioned but are there any legit websites that sells authentic at a discount. I've been really eyeballing the Tag Carrera 01.
                      check out crown & caliber - google them. great rep

Comment

• Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                        This may have been mentioned but are there any legit websites that sells authentic at a discount. I've been really eyeballing the Tag Carrera 01.
                        Jomashop.com and AuthenticWatches.com are both legit. Just be aware that these are gray market purchases that are not covered by the manufacturers warranty. The sellers themselves provide a warranty instead.

TAG Heuer Carrera CAR2A1Z.FT6044 Mens Automatic Chronograph 45mm Heuer 01 Watch - Buy Now Guaranteed 100% Authentic with FREE Shipping at AuthenticWatches.com

Comment

• I got my Longines from Jomashop

Comment

• For what's it worth, I have a pretty nice Omega that I've had for years (Ti/18k rose gold) and I bought an Apple Watch about a year ago during the black Friday stuff ($100 discount). It's a plain Apple Sport, but man it's pretty functional and gets me to move my butt more with the activity apps it has. My Omega has been in a lockbox ever since...
                            Ford
                            GM
                            Toyota
                            VAG

Comment

• I picked this one up for a good deal a couple months ago and really like it. Not flashy like the Rolex but has a nice solid feel. I gotta dial in my winder as if I wear it it keeps perfect time but on the winder after a week of not wearing it it gains 2 minutes.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Hmmm. I need a new daily thats not to pricey. Any recommendations on brand and places to go?

Comment

Working...
                                X