Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having problems with Chase debit cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of America is the greatest. Never have any troubles. I have almost everything with them. Would recommend for everyone on anything they want to do.

Comment

I was declined on debit a few times this year with Chase. I'll tell the person to switch it over to credit card and it runs through fine.

Plenty of money in the account.

If you keep low balances watch out for holds on the account and then actual purchases for the same thing. Many times someone will run your card for authorization and then you purchase it as a separate transaction. If it was authorized for $50 and the purchase ended up being $45 there might be $95 you can't touch not $45.

I once had a moron at a restaurant who couldn't figure out the POS. She ended up doing 5 $140 authorizations before actually doing the purchase for $140. The $700 worth of authorizations were valid for 2 days and shrunk my balance. She was pretty embarrassed when she came back to the table and I showed her what she did on my phone with the text alerts I get when the card is used.
      Last edited by OldGuysRule; 12-17-2010, 09:14 AM.
      Originally posted by Denny
      I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Thats why I always care some type of cash!
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

no issues with my chase debit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
            no issues with my chase debit.
            x2. I dont see how you can have too much activity on the card so they shut it off. If that was the case, my wifes card would shut down daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
              Thats why I always care some type of cash!
              I mostly just carry US Dollars... most stores won't take any other type of cash
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I called today, they seemed confused. The lady reset my card, so I guess i'll see if that works. She said that there was no hold, and plenty of balance to use, but she could see the declines. Hopefully this will fix the problem, they were actually as helpfull as they could of been over the phone.
                .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  I mostly just carry US Dollars... most stores won't take any other type of cash
                  LOL....I carry pesos!
                  Originally posted by Da Prez
                  Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                  Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

my wife had that chet happen to her twice at walmart....she was pissed the first time but the second time she went to chase and closed her account. She had about two thousand and would get decline. She know has BOA.

2003 f250
                    1990 mustang gt stock 68k miles
                    1990 mustang gt 347 t56
                    1994 peterbilt 377 dump truck 450hp cat
                    1997 freightliner 500hp detriot[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by marcs95gt View Post
                      my wife had that chet happen to her twice at walmart....she was pissed the first time but the second time she went to chase and closed her account. She had about two thousand and would get decline. She know has BOA.
                      Hmmm... the second time was at Wal-mart. I'm hoping that it's fixed, if not I will most likely be moving on as well.
                      .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                        LOL....I carry pesos!
                        Establishments that accept pesos get none of my bu$ine$$.

Comment

I'm with Chase. Last time that happened to me, they froze my account due to fraudulent charges. Yes, BofA sucks donkey nuts, so does Chase and their cock bite fees.

Fuck banks.

Comment

No problems with either of my Chase debit card accounts. Perhaps, you need to contact Chase and speak with Customer Service.

Comment

Working...
                            X